P500 Golf cart heater

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Thinking about throwing one of these in the cab during the winter/ice fishing for a little extra heat. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and has any feedback?

Thinking it will need to go in the passenger cup holder, as it might get too hot on the wheel in the driver's side cupholder....

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Looks like it would work good inside the cab. I have used the Mr Heater ‘Lil Buddy heater in deer blonds and they work well.
I've got a little buddy for the ice hut and it definitely works well for us. I didn't want to mess with trying to install and wire an actual heater based off of prior threads. This thread helped a bit:

@ChuckIII wondering if you had any feedback on your setup and if you had any pictures of the bracket you made?

edit - chuck's been gone since 2017 haha

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I've got a little buddy for the ice hut and it definitely works well for us. I didn't want to mess with trying to install and wire an actual heater based off of prior threads. This thread helped a bit:

@ChuckIII wondering if you had any feedback on your setup and if you had any pictures of the bracket you made?

edit - chuck's been gone since 2017 haha
I had an Aquaheat 200 heater in my P500. It worked pretty good but took up precious space in the can and the heater hoses in the engine compartment.

I think this golf cart heater is a good idea because you can turn it toward the windshield if it gets fogged or frosted.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
We aren't arguing - you just have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks for your input though, hope the Inferno works out for you.
Just searched the forums for "inferno" and reviewed the first 10 threads in their entirety. Every one was overall positive.

How about you save your opinion about what I do or don't know for someone else? Opinions aren't right or wrong ... that's why they are called opinions.

Again, no desire for the pettiness. My money, my choice. Thx.

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Just searched the forums for "inferno" and reviewed the first 10 threads in their entirety. Every one was overall positive.

How about you save your opinion about what I do or don't know for someone else? Opinions aren't right or wrong ... that's why they are called opinions.

Again, no desire for the pettiness. My money, my choice. Thx.
I can give a s*** less what you do with your money lol - I was asking if anyone had any experience with the little buddy golf cart heater and you threw in your $0.02 with zero knowledge...looked like you just wanted everyone to know you weren't going to "bother" with that and were getting the inferno. cool bro go for it.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I can give a s*** less what you do with your money lol - I was asking if anyone had any experience with the little buddy golf cart heater and you threw in your $0.02 with zero knowledge...looked like you just wanted everyone to know you weren't going to "bother" with that and were getting the inferno. cool bro go for it.
Cool, bro. I tried multiple times to be cordial, yet you continued to act like a DB. Now STFU.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Cool, bro. I tried multiple times to be cordial, yet you continued to act like a DB. Now STFU.
No need for a heater with tempers like that. Either will heat that cab from what I gather. I helped install an inferno in a machine and it worked well for the one time I experienced it in operation. Soft sided cab that sealed nicely, slight snowfall and about 20 degrees F outside temp. I've also used the golf cart heater with a makeshift cab enclosure that did the trick in about the same conditions previously stated. I think the golf cart heater would work just fine with an actual cab kit instead of the tarps and old campaign signs I used for fun. From everything I have read/experienced the key to any of it is to get the cab sealed up well to keep the heat in. Any kind of wind, being stationary or underway without being good and sealed sucks the heat out immediately. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of you both.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking about throwing one of these in the cab during the winter/ice fishing for a little extra heat. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and has any feedback?

Thinking it will need to go in the passenger cup holder, as it might get too hot on the wheel in the driver's side cupholder....

I use one in mine, it wont work in cup holder due to slope of windshield. I mounted a cup holder in the passenger floor as far forward as I could. Works very well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!