BOX1

P500 Golf cart heater

T

T0M

Feb 1, 2022
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 520
I wouldn't bother with something like that. I plan on putting in an Inferno cab heater myself.

I have an installed inferno on my 520, and it works well. However, when it is really cold and windy it doesn't blow very hot air. Has anyone used a cover to insulate the engine so the heater doesn't lose heat? The other thing that I thought I could do is bypass the radiator when it is really cold, has anyone tried this?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have an installed inferno on my 520, and it works well. However, when it is really cold and windy it doesn't blow very hot air. Has anyone used a cover to insulate the engine so the heater doesn't lose heat? The other thing that I thought I could do is bypass the radiator when it is really cold, has anyone tried this?
Oh man…..Have you read this whole thread? Besides the last post was 5 months ago lol Your opening another can of worms! Lmao! Scoop might have your answer! 🤣 🥳

More importantly, Welcome to the forum and your first post. First thing is Pics Or It Didbt Happen! ;)

BTW that little golf cart buddy heater is BA! Will run you the fuc out of a golf cart! Im sure just the same in P5.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Has anyone used a cover to insulate the engine so the heater doesn't lose heat?
And with this, we have finally come full-circle ... :)

While an active heater like an Inferno, an Ice Crusher or the Honda OEM heater is probably the best way to generate heat during the colder months if north of the Maxon-Dixon line, what far more important to staying warm is having a roof, a full cab enclosure and sealing up the variable plethora of cracks, crevices, caverns and other various points of entry for cold air. NO heater can keep up if you don't do any of that.

Welcome to the forums Be sure to start a new thread and post some pics or that jerk Buford T. Justice will come along and ... oops, sorry, too late. ^^

Reactions: ChadD and Morpheus
Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Little Buddy Heater update.

1st thing is the heater needs to be taken apart and the safety removed.
2nd is to make something to hold the heater in place.

I got a used p5 door from ebay and made a cheap half door on the right side.
The heater makes a nice pocket of warm air on the right and middle of the lower cab.
Driving fast the heat will go away, but when stop the heat quickly builds up again.
The best thing is when my hands get cold, I can quickly warm them up.

I only wanted this to be better than my ATV for plowing, not as warm like a truck cab.
For less than $100, I think this is a lot better than last year on an ATV.

0B74D509 D0B9 4B63 82DD 1B2374FACEE1 14EC2AB8 A10E 4116 994F AB0E479F14F8 799BC9C2 EFE3 4BD1 AC46 B1876AA75F76

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at your heater set up it brings me back.My bracket set up mirrors yours.If you were cabbed in you would be surprised worst thing is your eighter on or off.Watch your seat i never had a problem no shotgun riders.

Reactions: ChadD and Dave75
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!