P700 blown motor

otis_campbell

otis_campbell

Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2020
Thumb of the mitten
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey everyone....motor on 700 exploded, blew holes through the case on both sides. Any options available, so far found a rebuilt replacement for 3 grand....anything anyone knows about....different motors that will fit, saw something about Rincon engines on anther post....or am I better off parting her out. Only have had it since the beginning of the year and had the trans pump go and some other issues all related to the motor....its a 14 model....just looking for options that you all might know about
Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Russ989
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to hear that. You might want to watch for an insurance total from a rollover at one of the auction houses.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I seen a fully reman motor for 2500 thats about it. Id have to find it again though. Should be able to use a rincon motor only diff is the trans final gearset just swap with what you have unless you want to go faster and lose bottom end

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen a few on ebay but that's a gamble.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
My bad its not 2500 its 3k but they offer refund on core charge so you can get a few bucks back. If it wasnt through the bottom case id just do the jug and stuff. But without lookin at it myself then cant really say whats best. But if rod through the crank your probably better off going the full rebuild route. If you decide not to let me know how much you want for the whole machine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
otis_campbell

otis_campbell

Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2020
Thumb of the mitten
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the input fellas....I've been checking auctions and yards around here, was thinking the same thing about just buying something online and hoping it isn't a pile

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've seen the suggestion that the Rincon has a different cam as well, but AFAIK, that's never been confirmed or denied. I guess you could compare specs in the factory service manuals...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!