Boggin on the Plains

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New Off Road Park in Auburn Alabama. Grand opening the coming weekend. May 4 through the 6th 2018 anyone going. I am suppossed to go!

Reactions: Bastardchild
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New Off Road Park in Auburn Alabama. Grand opening the coming weekend. May 4 through the 6th 2018 anyone going. I am suppossed to go!

Is it the same one that opened where PinOaks golf course used to be?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
not sure. its not real big only 270 acres. It was an off road park before but do not know the old name.

Great American Park

It’s right off HWY 29 2-3 miles across the interstate from Auburn.

Used to be a really crappy Par3 golf course.

Never rode it as a OHV Park.

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They had a soft opening last weekend and folks seemed to like it. its less than an hour for me so We are gonna try it out.

Reactions: ohanacreek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Be nice for the local that wants a fast quick weekend or doesn't have his own land access... It's all we have around me now....I bought my machine just 4 years ago and have lost a lot of land so far to drillers and land development and just other farms being passed down to kids that don't want you there or sale it off to outsiders... pretty soon these little parks are all that's gonna be left.

J

JTW

Be nice for the local that wants a fast quick weekend or doesn't have his own land access... It's all we have around me now....I bought my machine just 4 years ago and have lost a lot of land so far to drillers and land development and just other farms being passed down to kids that don't want you there or sale it off to outsiders... pretty soon these little parks are all that's gonna be left.
270 acres, for a sxs, is small even compared to to the other little atv parks out there.

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
270 acres, for a sxs, is small even compared to to the other little atv parks out there.
Ok?? Your right... but It another available spot to call home....Or just do a weekend for folks... I have mines and Meadows here by me in Pa that we go to once a year... it's kinda boring to me but the others in my group think it's great...I'm glad new spots are opening in our sport no matter the size.... maybe the government here in pa will free up more land once they see revenue from folks like us contributing to the areas around these parks....

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it’s where the golf course used to be there’s some small hills and should be good mud.

Be a good place to take beginning riders and intro people to the hobby. There are a few small parks that are great for younger and more inexperienced riders to putt around with less fear of getting creamed by some idiot wanting to stretch the legs on his X3 at 70+. Parks around here are not conducive to that.

It’s fun to putt around sometimes let your friends or their kids drive. It’s a lot easier to sell someone on a new Pioneer when their kids are hounding them about it.

Reactions: swsebek
djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it was an off Road Park 7 or 8 years ago. according to a buddy that road there back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it was an off Road Park 7 or 8 years ago. according to a buddy that road there back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup “Great American Park” not sure why it closed probably money or EPA.

Reactions: djracer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!