Opinions on Can Am products?

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
Nope ... NOpe ... NOPe ... NOPE ... :oops:

'they' say my 70" wide Talon will do 74 mph, but it ain't doin' that with me innit. NOPE - :eek:
Right! 68mph is pretty crazy for 50” wide. However, the that top speed capability means I won’t stress the machine while traveling 50-55mph on the road.

Mike

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Two guys I ride with have Maverick Trail 1000 and Sport 1000.

The trail 1000 has puny tie-rods. Broke down twice on the trail due to this. Replace them immediately with something beefier if you buy one. Other than that it's been a good machine and it gets rode hard.

The sport 1000 RC version had clutch roller issues on the trail. My buddy had to swap them out for something better but I don't know exactly what.

Starters are a nightmare to access for replacement on their V-twins.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
IMG 0297

IMG 0300

IMG 0304

Picked up the new Maverick Trail 1000 DPS. I need to install the windshield, rear window, sport roof, mirrors and turn signal kit.

I haven’t had much seat time yet but, will report back.

Mike

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 424510

View attachment 424511

View attachment 424512

Picked up the new Maverick Trail 1000 DPS. I need to install the windshield, rear window, sport roof, mirrors and turn signal kit.

I haven’t had much seat time yet but, will report back.

Mike
A buddy of mine has one. They really like it. Ive drivin it. Its nice. Hard to get use to sitting so low.
I own 4 Canned Ham sleds and Iike them alot. There OEM accessories are top notch, easy plug and play. But like @trigger said they are $$$ an LED front light kit is $400😳
Congrats on the rig looks good

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
We just bought a 2024 Can Am and the accessories side is top notch. It seems like they make something for every type of accessory you want or need. But so far my fit and finish and reliability is nowhere near what my Hondas have been. Plastic not close to matching up, wire crap, overheating and popping the fan fuse, etc. In the first 500 miles I have asked myself already why I didn’t just get another Honda. I hate working on things I didn’t break!! But hey it is fast!!🤪 Hopefully I get the bugs worked out and it becomes a good unit. If not I’ll get rid of it for another JAH!!) POIDH so here it is.

IMG 2433

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
You'll like the 1000. The red looks good. It's equivalent to a RZR 900 trail in horsepower. Need to change the tires too. Those have thin sidewalls and do not handle very well.

I’ll be installing ITP Ultracross tires at some point in the near future.

Mike

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
A buddy of mine has one. They really like it. Ive drivin it. Its nice. Hard to get use to sitting so low.
I own 4 Canned Ham sleds and Iike them alot. There OEM accessories are top notch, easy plug and play. But like @trigger said they are $$$ an LED front light kit is $400😳
Congrats on the rig looks good

Thanks. Yeah, I have several really expensive boxes awaiting installation…

Mike

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
IMG 0345

I still have a few more ‘really’ expensive boxes left but, I got the windshield, roof, rear window and turn-signal ‘street legal’ kit installed.

Everything is pricey but, the fit/finish is really nice.

Mike

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!