Opinions on Can Am products?

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
So, I’m looking for some speed for traveling roads between trails.

I’ve been looking at the CanAm Maverick Trail 1000 DPS. It’s 50 inches wide, so I can still use it on the restricted trails locally and apparently it’ll do 68mph which will allow me to cruise at 50-55mph on the local roads when necessary.

Anyone with any experience or thoughts on the brand or unit?

Plus, I put my name down yesterday for a Talon 1000X-2 but, we’re still not sure we want a full size SxS.

Mike

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Our son has a Can Am Commander and took it to the TO in 2022. It’s alright except it didn’t come with doors. It looks a lot like the Pioneer. I don’t know of any negatives but I love Hondas.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

I’ve been looking at the CanAm Maverick Trail 1000 DPS. It’s 50 inches wide, so I can still use it on the restricted trails locally and apparently it’ll do 68mph which will allow me to cruise at 50-55mph on the local roads when necessary.

Plus, I put my name down yesterday for a Talon 1000X-2 but, we’re still not sure we want a full size SxS.

Mike
IMO they look good on paper but I would like a little more reliability. Better than Polaris though. Have friends that have the Mavrick and also the defender.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Mike
its the ford/dodge/chevy etc. question - its hard to buy a bad machine

I am a honda fan, im sure the other clubs comment on the jerky/herky, crappy air filter, horrible suspension, wrong gearing talon (and I have one)

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
One of the lucky ones probably. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.
He’s got a maverick and a defender. They are all stock except for expensive suspension change on the maverick. I’m not a fan of them but it’s his money and it works for him.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
its the ford/dodge/chevy etc. question - its hard to buy a bad machine

I am a honda fan, im sure the other clubs comment on the jerky/herky, crappy air filter, horrible suspension, wrong gearing talon (and I have one)
I agree with you. Pick your poison and do which ever one appeals to you.

• Love
Reactions: Mopower58 and Rdrcr
-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Any thoughts on this @-Bear- ?
So I have 4 Can-am's and my most recent 2 are the HD10 Full Cab HVAC versions. They are for business and get used by my employees. We have no issues with them, they are very different compared to my other SXS's. My older Can-am's are on their 4th or 5th belt since purchase. I use the Kevlar belts which seem to last the longest. We break more parts as compared to my Honda's, which I have yet to replace a factory part on since purchase that was not considered an upgrade. For example, my 2018 Pioneer (aka Ronda) has almost 20K miles and I have only done maintenance with her, replacing nothing but filters. I am finally doing brakes this week and it is past time (my fault). A side from the fire hazard with PoPo's, SXS's are as reliable as the owner who cares for them. As long as you know the capabilities of your machine, you control the factor as which you break down. Not all machines are manufactured equal, but if you understand what it takes to keep safe and riding, you are in a good place.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Mike
Nope ... NOpe ... NOPe ... NOPE ... :oops:

'they' say my 70" wide Talon will do 74 mph, but it ain't doin' that with me innit. NOPE - :eek:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!