Self Jump - True Am Isolator

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an '84 2M4 back in the day. It was a blast to drive. Not very fast but could take corners at high speed. You're basically sitting on the ground in those things. Story is they prototyped them with a V8 and it beat the Corvette. Couldn't have that so they never saw anything bigger than a V6 from the factory.
I heard the same rumor as well. The power to weight ratio in a fiero is crazy.

Reactions: trigger
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a neat idea. You could make it bypass as you need it and operate normally with the True Am when desired.
This is the set up I have. I bought it before I had my utv for a small boat that I have. I never used it on the boat so thought it would work on my utv. Works really well and allows for the combination of the batteries when its needed.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
Thank you. I have had it for about 3 years now. It has been a very slow side project. I bought it with no title. I have had no title vehicles in the past and I use Vermont to obtain a new title. I finished the fiero last year and went to "get my title" and learned vermont no longer helps me out. I am currently stuck without a title. Otherwise it is road ready. It has been inside the shop for a year now and used as a table for alot of my things.
Have you checked to see if a Vermont resident can get a title? (I had heard they were considering no longer offering titles so easily, I also heard that they just limited it to Vermont residents. I don't know which is true.) It might be an option to sell it to a Vermonter, have them get a title, then buy it back. (and no, while I am a Vermonter, I just don't have the time to mess with it myself.)

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked to see if a Vermont resident can get a title? (I had heard they were considering no longer offering titles so easily, I also heard that they just limited it to Vermont residents. I don't know which is true.) It might be an option to sell it to a Vermonter, have them get a title, then buy it back. (and no, while I am a Vermonter, I just don't have the time to mess with it myself.)
You are correct. That is doable. Technically on the Vermont law book I believe you can still out of state title a vehicle if your state allows it but MO does not allow that.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had an '84 2M4 back in the day. It was a blast to drive. Not very fast but could take corners at high speed. You're basically sitting on the ground in those things. Story is they prototyped them with a V8 and it beat the Corvette. Couldn't have that so they never saw anything bigger than a V6 from the factory.
My wife had the v6 GT new in 85. We had it for 13 years. I put Goodyear Arivas on for winter and it was incredible in the snow, up to 6" deep she could pull away from my 89 RamCharger 4x4 with a 360ci. The Fiero had the 2.8L. Very fun to drive
Edit to add: Oh and by the way it did a blistering 17 sec. 1/4 mi. at Thompson Dragstrip. They definitely looked faster than they were.

Reactions: Robobrainiac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!