Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Another plus for the P5 is the turning radius, is better than most other machines which may or may not be an issue for others but for where I ride it's a great thing to have.

Reactions: trigger and Arizona
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Don't know why this 39 mph limit keeps popping up? Mine cruises steady at 42 mph on a flat dirt road, limiter kicks in as soon as it blinks 43.
My 2017 tops out at 39mph at least on the speedometer. It will hit 40mph for about 10 seconds then the limiter kicks in.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Another plus for the P5 is the turning radius, is better than most other machines which may or may not be an issue for others but for where I ride it's a great thing to have.
The ranger and general I was riding with last week would have to back up to get around some of the turns and I was able to make the turn no problem. Their 1wheel drive turf mode didn't help them any.

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Don't know why this 39 mph limit keeps popping up? Mine cruises steady at 42 mph on a flat dirt road, limiter kicks in as soon as it blinks 43.
Mine is the same...
other factors..
air filter clean.....
wat is the elevation. ....
....Ass wind
HaHa

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Correct...
13 ft
turning radis

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I have a deposit on a blue 2016 in southern Indiana. I'm just on the fence because I'm 6'3" 280 lbs and I need it around my house and to ride the country roads mainly. I'd love to take it to Hatfield McCoy trails some but worry about riding alone and these being tippy. I have plans to put on 27" Tusk Terrabite tires with ITP SS wheels but just not 100% sure if I'm gonna buy it or not. Things I wish was more storage, unlock rear diff and lockable front.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 tops out at 39mph at least on the speedometer. It will hit 40mph for about 10 seconds then the limiter kicks in.

Stock tires still? I remember guys saying that it did 41 with the stock 24" s. Someone gauged it too and determined that the speedo was more accurate with 26" s. Or the '17 is slower?

C

Chooglin

I have a deposit on a blue 2016 in southern Indiana. I'm just on the fence because I'm 6'3" 280 lbs and I need it around my house and to ride the country roads mainly. I'd love to take it to Hatfield McCoy trails some but worry about riding alone and these being tippy. I have plans to put on 27" Tusk Terrabite tires with ITP SS wheels but just not 100% sure if I'm gonna buy it or not. Things I wish was more storage, unlock rear diff and lockable front.
It doesn't sound like this is the machine for you !

1)Tippy ?: add spacers , offset wheels and remove stabilizer bar

2)Storage ? Easy fix , plenty of ideas on the forum to gain a butt load of storage

3)Turf mode and front diff. Lock ? Your screwed on those two !

I am heading down to Hatfield Mcoy in 2 weeks , I have no doubt or concerns taking the 500 on there trails..........these little 500's really are amazing IMO !

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Stock tires still? I remember guys saying that it did 41 with the stock 24" s. Someone gauged it too and determined that the speedo was more accurate with 26" s. Or the '17 is slower?
Yep stock tires. Maybe they slowed the 17 down a little? I never checked it against a gps.

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I'm also thinking on the 27x9-12 all the way around, are the rear 11-12's any better with stability with 5+2 offset ITP wheels or will the 9-12 be ok?

advertisement
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I ride in wv but not hatfield mccoy, I dont understand the tippy reputation. I dont feel its tippy my frinds turn their rangers over all the time but I have never had any problems.

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
price is the biggie for me, after the divorce and selling my p1k-5 because it was a basic paperweight I'm wanting to get back to simplicity, long lasting, no frills honda dependability and I know that all the extra features will not be present on basic machines.

C

Chooglin

I'm also thinking on the 27x9-12 all the way around, are the rear 11-12's any better with stability with 5+2 offset ITP wheels or will the 9-12 be ok?
I am running 26×9×12 on all four with 5+2 wheels and 1" spacers in the rear. I feel very comfortable with this setup.
Wider is always better !
The first couple of times I took my 500 on some rough , off camber trails , It scared the poop out of me. After you get a feel for this machine , it's really pretty stable if you stay within the setup and boundaries of the machine.

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Thanks, and I'm sure I will be contacting you soon Chooglin for a box...what holds it in place in the dash? silicone around the edge perhaps?

Reactions: Chooglin
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
My speedo will read 42, but will cut out when it blips to 43. I have 26" tires so I am actually doing 46 according to my GPS.

the P500 will be great on the HM trails, if you want to do 70 in the straights drop $18K+ on a RZR or Commander. I actually was set on a Commander 1000 but after driving several of them I did not like the noise, heat and poor turning radius. I did like the power and speed but where I ride it doesn't matter.

Reactions: trigger and GRANITE
GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
price is my #1 objective and to have something dependable and the option to carry a kid or passenger at times. I know that it isn't the biggest, most powerful or most comfortable but will do everything I need without breaking the bank. I bought the P1000-5 deluxe and it was nice, no doubt but EXPENSIVE and budget for me is everything. I'm gonna move along with my purchase.

C

Chooglin

Thanks, and I'm sure I will be contacting you soon Chooglin for a box...what holds it in place in the dash? silicone around the edge perhaps?
There is a threaded stud on the bottom of the box , with two nuts on it. The stud goes in a tab on the frame and is secured with the two nut........very secure !
20150808 131249

Reactions: trigger and GRANITE
SChilla

SChilla

Mar 27, 2017
Soldotna, Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am running 26×9×12 on all four with 5+2 wheels and 1" spacers in the rear. I feel very comfortable with this setup.
Wider is always better !
The first couple of times I took my 500 on some rough , off camber trails , It scared the poop out of me. After you get a feel for this machine , it's really pretty stable if you stay within the setup and boundaries of the machine.

What's the reasoning with only spacing the rear tires?

C

Chooglin

What's the reasoning with only spacing the rear tires?
To get the width (front and rear) the same.

With 5+2 wheels and all four tires the same width , the rear becomes roughly 2" narrower than the front!

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015

Is this reading from dash speedometer? If so looks like Honda took the limiter from 42mph on the 15-16 model to 39mph on the 17 model. Interesting, seems like they are trying to make the 17 a little safer with lowering cog, seat belt speed limiter, bigger side bars, and reduced top speed. She does have a tendency to go belly up!

Reactions: Arizona
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!