Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is this reading from dash speedometer? If so looks like Honda took the limiter from 42mph on the 15-16 model to 39mph on the 17 model. Interesting, seems like they are trying to make the 17 a little safer with lowering cog, seat belt speed limiter, bigger side bars, and reduced top speed. She does have a tendency to go belly up!

What did they change in regards to COG?

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
sthomp54st: 164078 said:
Is this reading from dash speedometer? If so looks like Honda took the limiter from 42mph on the 15-16 model to 39mph on the 17 model. Interesting, seems like they are trying to make the 17 a little safer with lowering cog, seat belt speed limiter, bigger side bars, and reduced top speed. She does have a tendency to go belly up!
Yep on the dash speedometer.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
There is a threaded stud on the bottom of the box , with two nuts on it. The stud goes in a tab on the frame and is secured with the two nut........very secure !
View attachment 40326
Easy install and marking cutout. Very good Chooglin! Repost of pic for new users.

IMG 3634 IMG 3635

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I thought it was fake too until I saw the smoke from the burning drive belt!

Reactions: NitroxDiver
advertisement
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I was talking to a friend of mine at work about my interest in the p500. He said seems like it would get boring fast since it has lower power and low top speed. So do any of u feel bored with your p500 over time? Also he suggested the Yamaha wolverine, looks nice but they r thousands more and I think I can't spend too much.
Perhaps you friend has a small Ninja Noodle?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Love the p500! You cant beat Honda reliability either. No belts to burn up either. When i set out to buy the p500 i couldnt have cared less that it was a " 50 inch" model. Who cares about that right? Well that 50" width has came in handy a few times! I love it. I mostly mud it so i love the hella low first gear. Ive got 30's on mine and 1st gear is still crazy low pulling that big tire. Everwhere i take it people always come up to me and tell me how impressive it is. Half the people ask what it is. Lol I would think everybody in the offroad community would know what one looks like by now but i guess not. I talk up the Honda Pioneer 500 every chance i get to someone looking for a machine to buy. Ive got the 2016 which has the paddle shifters, but apparently the 2017's have the paddle shifters and an 'automatic' mode ive been told in case you dont wanna shift gears. I think the Honda Pioneer 500 is to the sxs world what the old Honda 300 Fourtrax is the the atv world: the perfect mixture of power to weight ratio. No locking front diff could be a deal breaker for some i guess so think about that. I have found that when you put it in 4x4 and if only one tire in the front is spinning you can normally do a quick jab to the brake pedal and it will get the other side pulling too, but not always. Ok, ive said my 2 cent worth. Hope to see you on a Pioneer 500 soon! :)

Reactions: trigger and Arizona
SChilla

SChilla

Mar 27, 2017
Soldotna, Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm defiantly leaning toward the p500. Still gunna be a while until I can make a purchase...

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 also tops at 39 mph. But it also only has 30 miles on it. I suspect that the computer is limiting it for break in period until after the first service. Maybe?

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 also tops at 39 mph. But it also only has 30 miles on it. I suspect that the computer is limiting it for break in period until after the first service. Maybe?
I have not checked after I serviced it. I will check it again in a few weeks, it would be awesome if that was the case.

T

TXBubba

Mar 11, 2017
Mansfield, TX
Ownership

1. 500
I'm pretty sure I topped 40 without seeing the speed flashing. I'll try to top it out this weekend... 17 model, btw

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!