P700m4 Boss UTV V plow

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Well, finally got my Boss V plow installed at the dealer today. All I can say is WOW, what an awesome set up it is. Here is hoping for one more snow day to come.
Uploadfromtaptalk1456532317480

Reactions: allgm1 and solrus
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Well, finally got my Boss V plow installed at the dealer today. All I can say is WOW, what an awesome set up it is. Here is hoping for one more snow day to come. View attachment 10896
Does the weight of the plow compress your front suspension much? It looks pretty beefy.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Does the weight of the plow compress your front suspension much? It looks pretty beefy.
Not bad at all. I would say about an inch or a little more. I am going to do the front spring mod with the inch long pipe as spacers, and maybe a spring block on each side. The plow set up is 400 lbs, and it really pushes snow well. I am very impressed.

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
"Laughing My Ass Off" I'm an idiot- when viewing your photo on my phone I thought it was a truck plow & you took the photo as a joke. I realize now it's the real deal, one heavy duty awesome plow! This is the most bad ass plow setups I've seen on a pioneer :)

Reactions: Tflynn
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Puts my setup to shame.
Uploadfromtaptalk1456594193469

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Puts my setup to shame. View attachment 10928
Any setup is better than a shovel my friend, and no, it is the real deal. Picked it up yesterday from having it installed. I sure do like your cab enclosure though. Where did you get it ? I might just have to get one before next winter.

Reactions: hurld
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Roof, windshield, soft doors, & rear curtain are all Honda accessories I worked into the deal when I purchased my pioneer. All the accessories are made to be removed easily, I thought I would end up removing the soft doors in the summer, but I just unzip the windows & leave them on. They keep the mud from getting in the cab in the summer.

Reactions: ckhenshaw4
advertisement
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
The only other suggestion is to wire up some reverse lights for plowing at night. I just bought some cheap Leds from Walmart they came with a switch to toggle constant on, flash, strobe etc. I use the strobe the most as I live on a 4 lane & don't want to get run over by the crazy drivers when I'm cleaning out the end of my driveway.

Reactions: ckhenshaw4
C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
The only other suggestion is to wire up some reverse lights for plowing at night. I just bought some cheap Leds from Walmart they came with a switch to toggle constant on, flash, strobe etc. I use the strobe the most as I live on a 4 lane & don't want to get run over by the crazy drivers when I'm cleaning out the end of my driveway.
Yep, already have 48W LED's in the back. Just can't see them in the picture.

C

Cook

Feb 12, 2016
Colorado
Since I intend to put a BOSS plow on my Pioneer too I will be keen to hear more reports from you about this plow as you get more experience with it. Why did you you pick the V over the lighter straight blade? How will you be using this plow, meaning how much roadway are you trying to keep clear, is it asphalt or dirt/gravel road, that sort of thing? Your reasoning will help me make a decision on what to buy. Thanks.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Since I intend to put a BOSS plow on my Pioneer too I will be keen to hear more reports from you about this plow as you get more experience with it. Why did you you pick the V over the lighter straight blade? How will you be using this plow, meaning how much roadway are you trying to keep clear, is it asphalt or dirt/gravel road, that sort of thing? Your reasoning will help me make a decision on what to buy. Thanks.
Well, I haven't done much yet with the plow, other than push a couple of banks back. And I have to say, that the 700 really pushes well. Very surprised. The main reason I chose the V plow was the ability to scoop the snow if I want to. On my 3/4 ton Dodge, I have the straight blade, and wanted to see if I like the V better, and what little I have used it so far, I think I will. The main use for it will be keeping our private road plowed. The county doesn't do it so we (I) do. Our road is paved, and it just over 1/4 mile long. I also plow my in laws driveway for them, and the older couple that lives behind us, which both of those are gravel. Will update some more once I get to use it for more than just a couple minutes.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
yup power steering and an enclosed ,heated cab make it a lot more fun plowing. So i assume your plow is all hydraulic?

C

Cook

Feb 12, 2016
Colorado
Well, I haven't done much yet with the plow, other than push a couple of banks back. And I have to say, that the 700 really pushes well. Very surprised. The main reason I chose the V plow was the ability to scoop the snow if I want to. On my 3/4 ton Dodge, I have the straight blade, and wanted to see if I like the V better, and what little I have used it so far, I think I will. The main use for it will be keeping our private road plowed. The county doesn't do it so we (I) do. Our road is paved, and it just over 1/4 mile long. I also plow my in laws driveway for them, and the older couple that lives behind us, which both of those are gravel. Will update some more once I get to use it for more than just a couple minutes.
Thanks for the extra info. I too live on a private road, dirt and gravel, it is several miles long and my steep driveway is over 260 yards long. Too much for an old man like me to continually shovel. We have an association that keeps the road plowed, but we get a lot of wind up here and a mile or so of the road is susceptible to having snow blown back on it. There is always a time lag to get the plow back, earlier this month I was snowed in for about a week. So I'd like to help the couple of people on the road here who try to augment the hired plow, and to of course keep my own driveway open. Anyway, I look forward to your updates. Thanks.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Little update. Today we got about 10" of snow, so you can guess what I was itching to do. Well, a couple observations. 1. I am going to have to put some weight in the back for more traction. That 400 lbs up front needs to be countered with something. 2. For sure by next winter, I am going to have to put POWER STEERING on the 700-4. Too hard to maneuver with gloves on etc... And that 400 lbs does make it difficult to steer at slow speeds. 3. Cab enclosure with HEAT is going to also be added to the list.
Other than these few items, I am very impressed with the plow. The Pioneer does push very well, I am impressed by that. Getting used to the controller for the V plow is also going to take some getting used to.
Hope this helps some of you wondering what to get when you get a plow.

B

Bjk

Nov 25, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Little update. Today we got about 10" of snow, so you can guess what I was itching to do. Well, a couple observations. 1. I am going to have to put some weight in the back for more traction. That 400 lbs up front needs to be countered with something. 2. For sure by next winter, I am going to have to put POWER STEERING on the 700-4. Too hard to maneuver with gloves on etc... And that 400 lbs does make it difficult to steer at slow speeds. 3. Cab enclosure with HEAT is going to also be added to the list.
Other than these few items, I am very impressed with the plow. The Pioneer does push very well, I am impressed by that. Getting used to the controller for the V plow is also going to take some getting used to.
Hope this helps some of you wondering what to get when you get a plow.
Can you give any additional updates. I have a 2017 and looking to install a boss v plow. How did your power steering and heater work out. I am going to put soft doors heater and was thinking I'd need power steering. Thanks for the reply

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!