Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Anybody have any experience or first hand k owledge of this quicksilver mentioned above? Be nice to know if it helps.

I'm the one who makes them so I have some first hand knowledge of them. There's a few of them out there for the Talon and I've been told they help at reducing noise and heat. Hopefully they're not just being nice by saying that. Let's ask them. Answer honestly guys, do they work or do they suck? @Squeegee @906UP @aprils_fool @Remington Was also told you guys get a lot of heat out of the shift lever area and I'm working on something for that.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The heat from the shifter and whole tunnel is intense on a talon. Even with a 8” windshield and no rear window. And I’m in WI so the outside temp is rarely “hot” for you southern and desert guys.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm the one who makes them so I have some first hand knowledge of them. There's a few of them out there for the Talon and I've been told they help at reducing noise and heat. Hopefully they're not just being nice by saying that. Let's ask them. Answer honestly guys, do they work or do they suck? @Squeegee @906UP @aprils_fool @Remington Was also told you guys get a lot of heat out of the shift lever area and I'm working on something for that.
Yup, the OG triggershield(not sure what you renamed it) works very well. For the shifter I used a Jeep 4wd shifter boot mounted upside down, you get a bunch of hot air thru their when the fan kicks on.

Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Quick shield definitely helps with heat and reduced engine noise. I would recommend one. Not sure about dust and if you’ll ever stop that. I have lower doors and not sure if they help or not.

Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I have seen riding so far is when you are turning at all, the dust is just rolling in on at the bottom of the door. I am not expecting to not get dusty, in the desert everything gets dusty, but currently you have a thick layer on you when you get out. The pioneer we were dusty, but nothing like we currently are in the talon. Just looking for a little improvement.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ill be trying it this week Trig. heading up this morning. Im interested in that shifter one if u get it all fingered out (NoHomo) ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ill be trying it this week Trig. heading up this morning. Im interested in that shifter one if u get it all fingered out (NoHomo) ;)

Have actually made a handful of them just to scrap and refine it some more. They are a tedious pita to make, small and have to be precise. Thankfully I have your factory shift cover that I'm using to work from but don't know if these will work on the aftermarket ones or not. Planned to use Squeegee as the guinea pig when I'm finally happy with it and if he's still game. We'll see.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry Trigger no feed back for you yet. T1KxLV version 2.0 has not left the garage. I've been tinkering here and there as stuff shows up. Its still shiny, clean and...............what is that word I'm looking for.....🤔....oh yeah STRAIGHT!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
From what I have seen riding so far is when you are turning at all, the dust is just rolling in on at the bottom of the door. I am not expecting to not get dusty, in the desert everything gets dusty, but currently you have a thick layer on you when you get out. The pioneer we were dusty, but nothing like we currently are in the talon. Just looking for a little improvement.
I mounted a 12v radiator fan to the bottom side of the roof, have it on a rheostat so we can adjust fan speed. It serves 2 purposes, provides some cooling in the summer but also keps the dust down in the cab.....not completely but it's a big improvement. I'll snap a pic later today

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
I ended up ordering the honda brand lower doors. It was 209 shipped which is quite a bit more than I think they are worth, but it will keep up with factory appearances.

The reason factory appearances matter so much to me is that my talon is largely an experiment to find out if I really enjoy a 65 inch wide 2 seater. I came from sport quads mostly in the past. If I don't end up liking or using the Talon enough, then it will go as quickly as it was purchased. In that case, non modified things usually sell a lot easier than heavily modified things.

Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted a 12v radiator fan to the bottom side of the roof, have it on a rheostat so we can adjust fan speed. It serves 2 purposes, provides some cooling in the summer but also keps the dust down in the cab.....not completely but it's a big improvement. I'll snap a pic later today
checking back in to see if you have any pics, I am curious to see what you did? @906UP

Thanks

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a fully sealed (from the hood to the tunnel) hand built firewall, wrapped cooling lines in the tunnel and a shifter boot. While those items reduced heat cab heat by 80-90%, they did almost nothing to reduce dust :(
Paul - Please expand on what you did to wrap the cooling lines (what you used and how far up and down you went. I did a search but didn't see any thread on that topic. I have installed the shifter boot and I placed heat deflector patches all along the center column but it still gets hot and we haven't even got past 99F, yet in AZ, this year! Thanks!!
As for the dust, I have both front & rear full windshields and door lowers. I also added a Primary Filter to help reduce the amount of dust going to the OEM filter. In AZ, it's just the price you pay for enjoying the trails.......

Reactions: pct
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Paul - Please expand on what you did to wrap the cooling lines (what you used and how far up and down you went. I did a search but didn't see any thread on that topic. I have installed the shifter boot and I placed heat deflector patches all along the center column but it still gets hot and we haven't even got past 99F, yet in AZ, this year! Thanks!!
As for the dust, I have both front & rear full windshields and door lowers. I also added a Primary Filter to help reduce the amount of dust going to the OEM filter. In AZ, it's just the price you pay for enjoying the trails.......
Split foam pipe wrap like you find in HD or Lowes (I think it was for 1" pipe) then wrapped over that with reflective matting/insulation. All the way from my firewall to the engine.

I also have a shifter boot and put some insulation under the cup holder. A bottle of water will now stay frozen for a couple hours instead of 15-20 minutes.

Biggest problem you will have is the heat from the radiator shooting down the tunnel. The hot air just builds and builds and saturated everything and eventually radiates into the cab. The more hot air you can stop, the more it will reduce cab heat.

See this thread for more info and some pics...

Reactions: pct and BobFarrell
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here ya go - (day late, dollar short :eek:).

Reactions: pct and BobFarrell
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
i have a sheet of 1/8" rubber the width of the opening across the area that Honda has the thin half one on (mine goes all the way across) that comes down from the top and curves forward down under the radiator (down the same as stock thin rubber before starting curve) It is held up under the radiator with couple zip ties (flexs around steering stuff etc). This makes the air that comes thru the radiator push out teh side of fender wells and allows fresh air to enter below radiator and go down tunnel. Like Paul, I have insulated the cup holders and have a make shift boot on shifter. I have cut down the heat a bunch. I taped the floor inside cab at same time and think that helps with dust "to a point"

R

rbenn

Jun 16, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I have a new to me talon 1000 4x live valve, We will be using it for dusty trails for cruising or bird hunting, but the dust part is major in the desert.
Do the lower doors make a big difference on dust? I have been riding in a Honda pioneer for over 6,000 miles and we don’t mind dust, but in the talon we are covered in a thick layer and it seems to come in the bottom of the doors. Pioneer had half windshield and no doors, talon has half windshield and just the factory doors.

If the lower portion of the door would help, what is preferred, the factory or afternarket lower doors?

thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!