Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've sold a few things on fb page (few doors, bungs, and here shortly a cage). I'll be damned if I'm gonna give something away just cause admin says so. I don't make squat off a sale. Enough to buy more material to make more. It's a hobby nothing more. Me thinks admin is kissing some dealer butt.

Reactions: jak9922
J

JTW

I think it’s a VERY good idea for you to do a give away!! It’s cheap advertisement and anyone that doesn’t win your lines will be a potential buyer. You then have the thumbs up to peddle lines on the page. Which should secure you as the only brake line guy on the page. It’s a good move!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's friggin blackmail and underhanded. Quality product at reasonable price wins every time.

J

JTW

It's friggin blackmail and underhanded. Quality product at reasonable price wins every time.
As someone who spends more on advertising than many people make.. sometimes you have to bite the bullet and spend a little to make a lot more. Even if it is bulls***.. you’re looking at a one time $150 advertising cost. And by doing that 100’s if not 1000’s of people are going to like and share your product. How many of those folks that didn’t know about them will now place orders when they don’t win??

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As someone who spends more on advertising than many people make.. sometimes you have to bite the bullet and spend a little to make a lot more. Even if it is bulls***.. you’re looking at a one time $150 advertising cost. And by doing that 100’s if not 1000’s of people are going to like and share your product. How many of those folks that didn’t know about them will now place orders when they don’t win??

I’m not a fan of that page, but I would agree with you. Good business move for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've sold a few things on fb page (few doors, bungs, and here shortly a cage). I'll be damned if I'm gonna give something away just cause admin says so. I don't make squat off a sale. Enough to buy more material to make more. It's a hobby nothing more. Me thinks admin is kissing some dealer butt.

Admin of 1000 page IS a dealer

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i was already blocked lmao but @JTW it would have been a good ish move but once i seen a dealer try and undercut me on a sale i knew something was up

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All that advertising strategy may work in an open market. But we're talking about a target group the size of the head of a pin. P1K owners are starved for aftermarket parts. How many times have y'all googled for accessories for your machine? As many times as I have I would bet. Case in point...the rhino axles that recently came out. Advertising tactics aren't the point anyways. It's admin stronghanding that's on the table.

J

JTW

All that advertising strategy may work in an open market. But we're talking about a target group the size of the head of a pin. P1K owners are starved for aftermarket parts. How many times have y'all googled for accessories for your machine? As many times as I have I would bet. Case in point...the rhino axles that recently came out. Advertising tactics aren't the point anyways. It's admin stronghanding that's on the table.
I get your point but you always have new people coming in asking the same questions.. those are the same folks you continually try to educate and reach.

J

JTW

they blocked alot of guys
Now that’s some bulls***.. I honestly didn’t see the issue with the give away other than it was chicken s*** that they allowed you to do it for a year... and then all the sudden “oh we can’t do that” surprise you’re blocked.
I think you’re 100% correct on why they are playing it the way they are. With that said.. I’ll comment and post about your lines until I’m blocked! You have a Facebook page or website yet? Or better yet.. beat them at their own game and create a new page... do the give away immediately and proceed with business. If that doesn’t work partner with @ShearerPerformance and they can be a dealer and sell your lines.
56D6B3AB B424 478C A7A0 E1F6A6988F67

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
thats to funny and i was waiting until i had a few more products ready before i started a page

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that’s some bulls***.. I honestly didn’t see the issue with the give away other than it was chicken s*** that they allowed you to do it for a year... and then all the sudden “oh we can’t do that” surprise you’re blocked.
I think you’re 100% correct on why they are playing it the way they are. With that said.. I’ll comment and post about your lines until I’m blocked! You have a Facebook page or website yet? Or better yet.. beat them at their own game and create a new page... do the give away immediately and proceed with business. If that doesn’t work partner with @ShearerPerformance and they can be a dealer and sell your lines.
View attachment 62239
I was blocked as well for raving about a set of lines. I was looking for an install video.......

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think all you rebel rousers should start a new page!
Not worth creating another page. We have a group on FB from here. I spend more time here. I only check FB to see what wild stuff I have in my inbox. My wife says I have a Josh laugh. I guess I giggle a certain way when I open messenger.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and JTW
ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
I did a give away very early in my “business” life. I, like Joe, don’t have a ton of mark up in my product. I knew little about marketing and business when I started, and I don’t know much more now. My goal was a quality product at a price I myself would be willing to pay. So it’s hard to give one away or have a dedicated “coupon code” when you aren’t making much money, if any after all the taxes and fees of doing business. Hence my limited presence both here and on FB. But Joe, I’ll help out however I can. And being that I’m already an “approved vendor” I can advertise as a “dealer” for you and post your lines and they shouldn’t be able to do anything about it. Lol

J

JTW

I did a give away very early in my “business” life. I, like Joe, don’t have a ton of mark up in my product. I knew little about marketing and business when I started, and I don’t know much more now. My goal was a quality product at a price I myself would be willing to pay. So it’s hard to give one away or have a dedicated “coupon code” when you aren’t making much money, if any after all the taxes and fees of doing business. Hence my limited presence both here and on FB. But Joe, I’ll help out however I can. And being that I’m already an “approved vendor” I can advertise as a “dealer” for you and post your lines and they shouldn’t be able to do anything about it. Lol

I completely understand that.. but between the use as a deduction and the fact that word of mouth is the BEST form of advertisement you can get. The more folks that talk about you the better. They literally pay for themselves and make you $$$. I certainly wouldn’t and don’t like the way they played the game.. but that’s what it is.. a game! Play chess when they play checkers!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!