P1000 Brought it home yesterday, so far it hasn't been good.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Along those lines, plexiglass is NOT a rigid material; many of them are slightly bowed, mine included. Take your time, every connection is dependent on the others. Welcome to the site. :cool:

OBTW: Jeremie is wrong, white's the new fastest. :p
The stealership did say there was a flux capacitor in the Vapor White, I will have to find a way to get it up to 88 and see!

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Along those lines, plexiglass is NOT a rigid material; many of them are slightly bowed, mine included. Take your time, every connection is dependent on the others. Welcome to the site. :cool:

Yup, white is the fastest thing out there now, they’re disappearing before they’re even unloaded off the trailer at the dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here what one looks like off the truck.

41AEB9BC 513F 47E0 B46C C7473A27DFE9

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Jeremie is color blind, he doesn't know what color passed him!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from NW Louisiana. Take pics or it didn't happen. Spend more time on here then on the trails or visa versa. Go to the Pioneer Takeover in June 2021. Watch what you spend on your SXS. Name your machine and post it on the thread that lists machine names. Ask questions and you will get answers. Red is fastest, White is the coolest, Dark gray is the coolest fastest X2.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello members, new member with first thread here.

My wife and I sold our Harley in August and went straight to my Honda dealer for a P1000-5 in Vapor White. After 4 months of waiting, it came in and we brought it home yesterday, 12-10.

First, there was no wiggle room on the price and they were firm because if I didn't buy it, the next guy would. So, we paid a lot. I asked, "how about throwing in a roof or a cover?" I was given a $50.00 gift card along with the free dealer tee shirts. How about a break on freight and setup? I have seen the videos on Youtube where the unit is driven off the semi and the service dept. installs the side nets and seatbelts (for $700). No break there either, we are at full price so far.

We arrive to pick up our new Pioneer and during my look over I see the passenger front fender which is held on with the push pins, has one half out. I try to just set it in and it won't go. A mechanic had to come out and put a little rough housing into it, taking out the pins on the left and the right to get all the parts lined up to get the stubborn one in. Fine I guess, but I didn't like the guy acting like it's an old farm bike, he wasn't real gentle. Then, I see the rear passenger seat belt is covered with a plastic box to hide the mechanism. This was not installed correctly and the push pins on each side were in but the two rear tabs the hook the metal were not in place and it was held on by the pins. This is minor as well, but another mechanic came out to pop the pins and get this cover installed correctly - as my $700 should have already covered.

So fine, TWO fit and finish issued before even loading it in the parking lot. Worse has happened.

We get the Pioneer home and get it ready to take our girls for a short ride around town looking at Xmas lights. They get in the back and the seatbelts come down to get clipped into the buckle, and they won't stay in. When the clip at the end is inserted to the buckle, it can be pulled back out without hitting the release button. Both girls got to ride for the first time without a seatbelt as they can not stay clipped in. I found a related thread about getting the correct clip on the strap into the correct buckle - inboard or outboard. I will look at this in the morning but as they say in Tommy Boy - "put the little end in the big end". No further steps should be needed.

3, count them 3 issues with this thing on DAY ONE. I have been a loyal Honda owner with my count of machines in the 20's over the years. Has this company gone down in quality?

My dealer was really really - as they do $$$, trying to sell the extended warranty. I have been burned by them in the past and feel with this company being the most reliable I have owned, I don't need an extended warranty. BUT...now after my first day, it may be great idea.

Any words of wisdom on the rear seatbelts is appreciated, and any comments to keep me a Honda fan would also be nice. This machine is exactly the UTV my family would get the most use out of, and we waited a long 4 months for it to come in.

Thanks and I look forward to my membership in this forum.
Wellzy
I’ll save you time and emotion with my next couple words.......s***ty Dealer!

My dealer went over the whole machine and it was 100% ready to go when I showed up to pick it up.
Sorry for your bad experience, it’s a complete buzz kill after the money you just shelled out for sure.

advertisement
Dangb1

Dangb1

Oct 25, 2020
Ogema Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from the Northwoods of Wisconsin, when I got my 2019 700 2D last year I checked with a couple of dealers, one 40 minutes away and another hour and a half away to see what they had. Both were down to one 700 2D (which is what I was looking for)left and that's all they had and they were not sure when more would be in because the 20s were due out and the prices were expected to go up. I ended up going to the dealer an hour and a half away because they were $600 cheaper on the price of the SXS alone and took 10% off all the accessories I wanted. Drove to the dealer a few days later after all the parts came in and picked up the machine as we were doing the paper work the saleslady (owner) told the mechanic to get everything loaded and to recheck all the parts to make sure they were all there. When we got home and unloaded the parts checking against the sales list I found I had 2 plow mounts and no winch mount, by now it is after 3 pm and I called the dealer up and told the sales lady my issue got transferred to parts who transferred me the the mechanic, he checked they had the winch mount and ask where I lived told him over 3 hours round trip, he said we'll overnight one to you, I asked him about the extra plow mount said don't worry about it sorry about the screw up. Low and behold the next day UPS dropped off the winch mount. Long story short there are some dealers out there that do take care of their customers.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello members, new member with first thread here.

My wife and I sold our Harley in August and went straight to my Honda dealer for a P1000-5 in Vapor White. After 4 months of waiting, it came in and we brought it home yesterday, 12-10.

First, there was no wiggle room on the price and they were firm because if I didn't buy it, the next guy would. So, we paid a lot. I asked, "how about throwing in a roof or a cover?" I was given a $50.00 gift card along with the free dealer tee shirts. How about a break on freight and setup? I have seen the videos on Youtube where the unit is driven off the semi and the service dept. installs the side nets and seatbelts (for $700). No break there either, we are at full price so far.

We arrive to pick up our new Pioneer and during my look over I see the passenger front fender which is held on with the push pins, has one half out. I try to just set it in and it won't go. A mechanic had to come out and put a little rough housing into it, taking out the pins on the left and the right to get all the parts lined up to get the stubborn one in. Fine I guess, but I didn't like the guy acting like it's an old farm bike, he wasn't real gentle. Then, I see the rear passenger seat belt is covered with a plastic box to hide the mechanism. This was not installed correctly and the push pins on each side were in but the two rear tabs the hook the metal were not in place and it was held on by the pins. This is minor as well, but another mechanic came out to pop the pins and get this cover installed correctly - as my $700 should have already covered.

So fine, TWO fit and finish issued before even loading it in the parking lot. Worse has happened.

We get the Pioneer home and get it ready to take our girls for a short ride around town looking at Xmas lights. They get in the back and the seatbelts come down to get clipped into the buckle, and they won't stay in. When the clip at the end is inserted to the buckle, it can be pulled back out without hitting the release button. Both girls got to ride for the first time without a seatbelt as they can not stay clipped in. I found a related thread about getting the correct clip on the strap into the correct buckle - inboard or outboard. I will look at this in the morning but as they say in Tommy Boy - "put the little end in the big end". No further steps should be needed.

3, count them 3 issues with this thing on DAY ONE. I have been a loyal Honda owner with my count of machines in the 20's over the years. Has this company gone down in quality?

My dealer was really really - as they do $$$, trying to sell the extended warranty. I have been burned by them in the past and feel with this company being the most reliable I have owned, I don't need an extended warranty. BUT...now after my first day, it may be great idea.

Any words of wisdom on the rear seatbelts is appreciated, and any comments to keep me a Honda fan would also be nice. This machine is exactly the UTV my family would get the most use out of, and we waited a long 4 months for it to come in.

Thanks and I look forward to my membership in this forum.
Wellzy
If your problem with seat belts is the rear there's only one way they latch rotate them 180 and they will hook right up

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your problem with seat belts is the rear there's only one way they latch rotate them 180 and they will hook right up
That is what I found out will work, I even referred to the owners manual to try to find how a seat belt works for crying out loud but there is no mention of this. Thanks for the reply helping me, I didn't think the challenge would be using the belts correctly.

Last edited:
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update for my friends here, I spent yesterday doing the following projects,
- install Super ATV flip up. Went smoothly and took my sweet time. Also I read/heard tips to putting the side brackets on the frame first, then bring the windshield to it and put on the two pivot bolts. Worked sweet.
- removed the two front side nets
- installed the factory cup holders on each door
- installed battery tender jr quick connect
- installed Chupacabra mirrors
- installed front center cupholders where the warning label was
- installed a Sunideas top - this is going to be awesome on sunny days to let the light in but not get the wife and daughters sunburned

I removed the front seat just to see how it works. Surprised to see the round rubber ring on the bottom to be shoved up inside the seat! Used a screwdriver to dig and dig until I could get it out. I then put a blob of Vaseline on the end of the metal post and around the rubber ring so when they meet up as the seat goes down, the ring doesn't get pushed in again. (I can see the jokes you will make out of that info!)

The seat belt issue has been figured out and the rest looks great, I had 4 months to buy the necessities we needed, now that they are on the snow is keeping it in the garage. I can't get the thing filthy so soon, it's too good looking.

Vapor White is always let in the red velvet rope as the others stand in line, it's science.

IMG 8364
IMG 8365
IMG 8367
IMG 8368
IMG 8371

Last edited:
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has 1 mile on it, found 6 loose bolts and 2 missing nuts in the ROPS attachment points at the rear, crap happens just glad I found it before it became an issue.

F8DFF118 ED29 4956 BECF 7B31CDECE72E
2044C1B3 FDF5 44A6 AE34 6AF16030DB31
83C822E2 315C 40A2 A92C 29616EF3DAE8
98071818 840D 4C26 8E8B 8EA42578D8E3

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!