Bull Run ride

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another January hopeful lol. Guess I'll just spend time with it in the shop. Need to go ahead and get my hands on a tubing bender and work on that cage. Had 26 hrs of OT last week so I can afford some tubing. Week after Christmas I should have over 50 hrs of OT.
Damn, you are putting in some time!! Good for you...

Reactions: Delton and sharp
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really enjoy Royal Blue too. It's just so hard to turn down a place that's in our back yard. RB is a 7 hour round trip me.

However, I may get in on one of those rides soon. Not the next one though, work has me going to panama for 10 days.

Yeah it does suck being so far away. I am a little closer at around 4hrs round trip. We usually do a weekend ride if we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it does suck being so far away. I am a little closer at around 4hrs round trip. We usually do a weekend ride if we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have some faith guys. The Gulf is gonna pay off in spades. It's gonna have lots of rock piles to climb over and some seriously deep mud pits. It's reasonably close to our general location (Joey may have a little extra of a drive). May have to change our name to the Grungy Gulf Gang or something but it'll be worth it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have some faith guys. The Gulf is gonna pay off in spades. It's gonna have lots of rock piles to climb over and some seriously deep mud pits. It's reasonably close to our general location (Joey may have a little extra of a drive). May have to change our name to the Grungy Gulf Gang or something but it'll be worth it.

We keep the name!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good to me! I'm up for whatever.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love riding the Bull. But if it becomes more trouble than it's worth, plus we find another place of amusement, I have no problem dropping that place like a bad habit. (Sorry, I suck at amicable separations lol).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar I got directions to one trailhead we can try. He said it's bout 10 miles from that stoplight near coalmont. It's even in the direction you come from so closer to you. Do you remember a BP station before you get to light? It's just a few miles from there. Sounds like we have our next mission lol

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HOLLYTREE OFF-ROAD - Home

@joeymt33
Know anything about this? Not very large, but I may give it a go one weekend. I've never heard of it -- possibly newer?
I was up that way Saturday recovering a hunter's buggy that had a ball joint separate from his strut. His place is on the way to Bull Run. He had a nice set up. 800 acres, private.
IMG 20161204 102957

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HOLLYTREE OFF-ROAD - Home

@joeymt33
Know anything about this? Not very large, but I may give it a go one weekend. I've never heard of it -- possibly newer?
I was up that way Saturday recovering a hunter's buggy that had a ball joint separate from his strut. His place is on the way to Bull Run. He had a nice set up. 800 acres, private.View attachment 27734
Wow that place sounds awesome. Wondering why I've never heard of it. @drfubar want to give it a try? We can just meet at my house and travel together. It's worth 10 bucks admission to see if it's any good or not. Let me know what day works for you and I'll give them a call and a heads up that we are coming. Gonna be wet and cold this week but we got heated seats in our rigs so we good to go lol.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow that place sounds awesome. Wondering why I've never heard of it. @drfubar want to give it a try? We can just meet at my house and travel together. It's worth 10 bucks admission to see if it's any good or not. Let me know what day works for you and I'll give them a call and a heads up that we are coming. Gonna be wet and cold this week but we got heated seats in our rigs so we good to go lol.
I don't have a problem with $10 but I'm listening to a guy who gets worked up about paying $5 to park at the community center..o_O Do you see where I'm going with this? lol
I'm not changing the name, I'll be one of the dying breed... a dinosaur! *no smart remarks required*

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a problem with $10 but I'm listening to a guy who gets worked up about paying $5 to park at the community center..o_O Do you see where I'm going with this? lol

I'm not changing the name, I'll be one of the dying breed... a dinosaur! *no smart remarks required*
I got no problem with 5 bucks, just giving somebody 5 bucks. You can be damn sure nobody gave it to me. I know these friggin people. And I know your crap is no safer in that parking lot than hidden on the side of a side road. Only difference is having stuff stolen versus having stuff stolen along with that 5 bucks. But hey, if 5 bucks will buy somebody peace of mind (regardless of how false that peace is).... Who am I to argue.
And you call me touchy?? I was just bs'ing bout changing the name. Jeez calm down. I could care less what's on the sticker on my windshield. If there was room for a sticker that big, I'd be good with "bunch of old turds who like to play rough with expensive off-road toys".

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In short.....slip in a panty liner to control the bleeding and let me know what day is good for you to go check out this new place. Not exactly what I got lined up this week. We got 3 new kids so not sure what needs to go on this week. Shoot me a day and I'll try and get free.
Love ya ya old fart!! (Kinda sorta somewhat mean it).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't looked into it yet but there's supposed to be a place called Houston OHV park (or something like that) near Ringgold GA. That's near you Don. See what you can find out. I'm amazed at these places to ride I've never heard of. Makes ya wonder what really is out there huh? Everybody keep looking.

advertisement