Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone been to wheelin in the country in Summertown, TN. Been several times years ago in trucks.
Never heard of it but I plan to look into it. I'm thinking if we dug deep enough, we would find something close by to each of us. Then instead of having an annual mini-takeover at one location, we could do 4 or 5 each year at different locations. That way the travelling doesn't land on the same peeps every time. We can do a rotation. Hang out with the same great group, and ride different trails. And then expand as more and more members hook up with us. Instead of completing a trail to join, offer us a riding trail to check out for membership. Win win.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's info on Houston Valley OHV trails. Largest forestry run trail system in GA. Just outside Dalton and Don didn't know bout it lol. It's just up the road from him. Now the kick in the nuts.....max width of vehicle is 50" so forget about the p1k's. How about a group atv ride? I know my foreman has felt neglected. I've put maybe 4 hours on it since last Jan 5th.
Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests - Houston Valley OHV Trails

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's info on Houston Valley OHV trails. Largest forestry run trail system in GA. Just outside Dalton and Don didn't know bout it lol. It's just up the road from him. Now the kick in the nuts.....max width of vehicle is 50" so forget about the p1k's. How about a group atv ride? I know my foreman has felt neglected. I've put maybe 4 hours on it since last Jan 5th.
I was going to mention the 50" rule, but the place does look good - with that exception!! No P1k and I'm done before I even crank the truck!!

Reactions: DGann and sharp
advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone been to wheelin in the country in Summertown, TN. Been several times years ago in trucks.
I've been there several times, it's pretty cool. One time I went on New Year's Day, it's their busiest day of the year and it was packed with literally thousands of people. Traffic jam in the woods, and if you go up a blind hill there could be a jeep or a truck hammering down to get up the other side and you will never see him, kinda dangerous with that many people there that day. I think they are only open two weekends per month and on holidays, if it's not a holiday, it's not too busy but with the growing population of sxs's being used as a family outing there are starting to be more on off weekends. I don't think it's as steep or as big as stoney lonesome. There's also a place called woolys that is close to wheelin in the country. I think they are open during the week.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been there several times, it's pretty cool. One time I went on New Year's Day, it's their busiest day of the year and it was packed with literally thousands of people. Traffic jam in the woods, and if you go up a blind hill there could be a jeep or a truck hammering down to get up the other side and you will never see him, kinda dangerous with that many people there that day. I think they are only open two weekends per month and on holidays, if it's not a holiday, it's not too busy but with the growing population of sxs's being used as a family outing there are starting to be more on off weekends. I don't think it's as steep or as big as stoney lonesome. There's also a place called woolys that is close to wheelin in the country. I think they are open during the week.
I forgot about woolys. Never been there but I've seen it few times on tv.

Reactions: DGann and drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know these friggin people. And I know your crap is no safer in that parking lot than hidden on the side of a side road. But hey, if 5 bucks will buy somebody peace of mind (regardless of how false that peace is).... Who am I to argue.
And you call me touchy??
1) We've parked there at least 6 times, (yep $30), and we haven't lost anything.
2) And yes it does make me feel better. From now on I'll pay your $5 so if something gets stolen then you are not out the money.
3) I didn't call you touchy... did I? I apologize for that if I did, but I went back and looked, couldn't find it. Maybe you were paraphrasing or ....maybe that's what the voices in your head were telling you. :)
4) Love ya, mean it!;)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You didn't use the word touchy per se. I just got up 3 mins ago so not going to go look up exactly what was said. Plus I plan on getting back in bed for another 30 mins soon as this post is done. And nobody has paid my way in 51yrs, so it ain't starting now. If I can buy you some happiness and peace for measly 5 bucks, then I totally change my mind on the subject. It is totally worth it! I've had alot worse friends cost me a helluva lot more lmao! See ya in 22mins. Nite nite

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you guys need a hug? Or do you just need that first cup of coffee this morning?

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ringgold is an hour from me. Nope never heard of it.

Reactions: DGann
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Houston Valley OHV Trail says: Vehicles with more than 50" width are not allowed. As I recall, our rigs are 60"+
So unless I'm reading the restrictions wrong we can't ride there

Last edited:
Reactions: DGann
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@drfubar I got directions to one trailhead we can try. He said it's bout 10 miles from that stoplight near coalmont. It's even in the direction you come from so closer to you. Do you remember a BP station before you get to light? It's just a few miles from there. Sounds like we have our next mission lol
Rt 108? BP station? I think I know about where it is. Wednesday looks like a better day to explore

advertisement