Bull Run ride

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't this contraption you are designing going to compress your suspension to the point your front wheels aren't touch or if they are they don't have enough traction to steer? I know we have load leveling suspension but I'm doubting... maybe put some airbags on the back too??? Carry on the brainstorming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't this contraption you are designing going to compress your suspension to the point your front wheels aren't touch or if they are they don't have enough traction to steer? I know we have load leveling suspension but I'm doubting... maybe put some airbags on the back too??? Carry on the brainstorming.

That is a good question! May have to add some counter weights. have to wait till the test phase to find out I guess

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Absolutely a great question. No idea on the answer lol. Somebody raise frontend of a 1000 about 3-4' and put it on a scale. Maybe we can answer that then. One thing for sure. It's gotta be right before we start dragging one through the woods. We start fiddle farting around and we gonna burn the crap out of some clutches. Once it starts moving, gotta get rpms up to at least 3-4k and not let it drop.
And keep questions, ideas, criticism, whatever coming. That's how cool stuff gets built.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a good question! May have to add some counter weights. have to wait till the test phase to find out I guess

Carful with the counter weights before you know you will have a low rider and need some gold spoke daytons... @drfubar would be requesting use his rig for the tow vehicle then right? Bling bling b****es! Bahaha.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U got to have a swivel unless u only pick up the back tires. If the front tires are solid to the rear of the tow vehicle, when you turn u would have to push the rear of the tow vehicle.
This is true. Wheel lifts and slings both have a swivel point. Bad thing about that on this is it puts the weight out fartheraking the fromt end lighter. Well @Delton break out the welder gonna have to beef the frame and suspension

Reactions: joeymt33
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked this up before leaving work last night. It's on sale plus this week Lowes gives us 20% off anything in the store.
Thought it would be good for keeping things confined, also for dry / warm clothing, boots, gloves etc.
Shop CONTICO 53-Gallon Black Plastic Storage Trunk at Lowes.com
Reviews were good and it's rugged. Going to anchor it to the bed with quick pins so I can remove it easily for the use of the dump body.
020027247356 020027247356 04288357 020027247356 05205100

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@joeymt33 @drfubar @DGann gonna be low to mid 50s mon Tues Wed next week. Chance of rain. This is your official callout. What's the plan? Gulf exploration or Holly tree? If Hollytree I need notice to call them. So somebody will be there. I'm smack dab in between so I don't care. I gotta ride. Boredom levels reaching dangerous proportions.
Monday is rain... supposed to taper off during the night and be clear Tuesday morning and possible showers coming in later in the afternoon again. Tuesday would be better for me I guess or Wednesday, your choice. I'm not up for "the gulf" without some outside leadership so we're not wasting our time. I have no idea what or where "holy tree" is. Let me know.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nevermind, found "holly tree atv park". It's out for me. 2.5hrs away. I'll go to RB before that. Also, Holly Tree is a "liberal safe zone" and I will not be a sheep in a gun free zone.
Rule #4: No illegal drugs, firearms (on my side), or weapons (me) are allowed on Hollytree Off-Road property. No person may be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any substances that may hinder thinking ability or reaction time.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Monday is rain... supposed to taper off during the night and be clear Tuesday morning and possible showers coming in later in the afternoon again. Tuesday would be better for me I guess or Wednesday, your choice. I'm not up for "the gulf" without some outside leadership so we're not wasting our time. I have no idea what or where "holy tree" is. Let me know.
I got some new intel on the Gulf. That's all I'll say bout it. May do a quick shoot n scoot with the foreman cause curiosity is killing me. Tues or Wed is fine. Thurs temps drop again but still doable imo. Google can tell you more than I can on Hollytree. It's near Princeton AL which is around 30ish mins from my house ( but on other side for you). During the week they need a heads up so somebody can be there to let people in.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Instead of counterweights on the front do you think if you put a roller fairlead under the bottom front and another on the back hitch and then up and over a arm about as high as the rops and then down. As you lift the broken rig up with the winch it will compress down on the front and keep it on the ground. Just a thought.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Picked this up before leaving work last night. It's on sale plus this week Lowes gives us 20% off anything in the store.
Thought it would be good for keeping things confined, also for dry / warm clothing, boots, gloves etc.
Shop CONTICO 53-Gallon Black Plastic Storage Trunk at Lowes.com
Reviews were good and it's rugged. Going to anchor it to the bed with quick pins so I can remove it easily for the use of the dump body.
View attachment 28200 View attachment 28201 View attachment 28202
Please post pics on how you anchoring the box to the bed. ;)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tigermark have you posted pictures of your adventure this weekend that I've missed somehow?? If so, show me the way, if not chop, chop my friend!! LOL

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nevermind, found "holly tree atv park". It's out for me. 2.5hrs away. I'll go to RB before that. Also, Holly Tree is a "liberal safe zone" and I will not be a sheep in a gun free zone.
Rule #4: No illegal drugs, firearms (on my side), or weapons (me) are allowed on Hollytree Off-Road property. No person may be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any substances that may hinder thinking ability or reaction time.
Well bud I don't know what to tell ya. Since all this rain, I'm good with just about any location since it's gonna be messy. We can always run up and down that long rock hill and to the creek and back. I get the distance thing for Hollytree, I'm same way about RRB. Don't get the gun thing since it's an organized off-road park. Most gangstas I know would rather rob people on the streets and such where admission is free. If someone does mess with me, guess a good ole arse whooping is all I can bring to the table. If they're armed, my chances just nose dive. I still believe my old drill instructors. The man is the weapon. A firearm is just the method I choose to kill you with today lol. Anyhow, I'm easy so let me know where you want to go. I'm good with anything but donuts in a pasture.

advertisement