Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you get real good, you'll have to come teach me. I've got a tig at the house and I can fuse metal real good but once I put the filler in the other hand, it gets ugly. I just don't practice enough. Most often, when stuff needs welded, I reach for the stick or the gas less mig.

Here's some shock towers I made for the P700. Not near as good a professional but I'm learning. They must be tough because @DGann hasn't broke them yet!

View attachment 28249

View attachment 28250
Man I would take those welds all day long. I'll try and sneak a pic of my first ever attempt. If I get caught by wrong person using a camera, they will walk me to the door and take my card. While that does sound good, it'd be unexpected and I don't have a plan B lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It helped that I have alot of brazing experience from way back. Both are very similar. Just can't push a puddle around like with brazing

Reactions: DGann and joeymt33
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
God bless you!! My faith in public education has been restored. Was beginning to think reading comprehension was a lost art. Thank you sir

This for back of machine on the trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully you can see something past the flash. Had to hurry with the shot. Stainless and very thin. The guy trying to teach me is a beginner too but he's in school for industrial maint so he knows it all. Just ask he will tell you. He's always trying to tweak settings on the 252 when I'm using it. I first picked up a gun 4 years before he was born.
IMG 20161211 121845662 1336x752

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can put down some surprisingly good looking beads on aluminum with my spool gun. Not alot of experience with it though. I learned it likes wire. And movement. Lots of wire and movement lol. The pull gears love that soft wire inside gun. It grabs it and hugs it all the time lol.

advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, tools are another thing that needs more attention from me. I carry stuff, but not enough...

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, tools are another thing that needs more attention from me. I carry stuff, but not enough...

I've really upgraded my trail gear sense I got the new storage box. Additional tools and recovery items. Have a few more items to go, and I also want to beef up my med supplies I carry.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 more hours and I'm out of here for 4 friggin days!!! Ready to do some stuff that really counts. Bumper, riding, getting mud out of my tire, riding...lol. And if time allows, more riding.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 more hours and I'm out of here for 4 friggin days!!! Ready to do some stuff that really counts. Bumper, riding, getting mud out of my tire, riding...lol. And if time allows, more riding.
Sounds like you have a good plan!! I'm off to Macon on Tuesday and then Savannah, hope to be back home on Wednesday night late - if all goes as planned! Should be my last overnight business trip for the year, this time of the year gets really slow in my work world. Taking off the entire week after Christmas, hoping to spend New Years Eve at my new cabin in North Georgia!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you have a good plan!! I'm off to Macon on Tuesday and then Savannah, hope to be back home on Wednesday night late - if all goes as planned! Should be my last overnight business trip for the year, this time of the year gets really slow in my work world. Taking off the entire week after Christmas, hoping to spend New Years Eve at my new cabin in North Georgia!
Not much for Macon but I love Savannah. The most beautiful southern town on the planet imo. I bought my VW bus near some army base down there (fort steward maybe?) Anyways, on way back we went through Tybee island then Savannah. It was gorgeous with the Spanish moss hanging off the trees. Half hour to go!! And I'm honestly ready to drop lol. Going home to taco soup and an episode of the Walking Dead.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U got to have a swivel unless u only pick up the back tires. If the front tires are solid to the rear of the tow vehicle, when you turn u would have to push the rear of the tow vehicle.
Ok back to business and a very good point. I've been thinking about this just haven't addressed it lol. Pivoting wheel mounts on bumper would work just like a dolly, but that's just that much more work and trial n error. Score another one for a tow dolly. Actually the more I think about it, the better no tow vehicle sounds lol. Steering failure (looking at you Dgann AGAIN) is the only failure that would keep somebody from being pulled by tow strap. Well maybe a locked up pinion in rear but if that happens it ain't moving anyways lol. How bout we just carry a tow strap and spare steering components? Tie rods, complete rack, etc. Just a thought lol.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok back to business and a very good point. I've been thinking about this just haven't addressed it lol. Pivoting wheel mounts on bumper would work just like a dolly, but that's just that much more work and trial n error. Score another one for a tow dolly. Actually the more I think about it, the better no tow vehicle sounds lol. Steering failure (looking at you Dgann AGAIN) is the only failure that would keep somebody from being pulled by tow strap. Well maybe a locked up pinion in rear but if that happens it ain't moving anyways lol. How bout we just carry a tow strap and spare steering components? Tie rods, complete rack, etc. Just a thought lol.
Well ain't you just a stick in the mud;) but seriously I think I can be done..but...don't really know if it is worth the time,effort, and money that will be involved.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well ain't you just a stick in the mud;) but seriously I think I can be done..but...don't really know if it is worth the time,effort, and money that will be involved.
To be honest, whoever it was that mentioned the clutches got me to thinking. I still want to build something. Just for the hell of it. But it's been put further down the ole priority list lol. Bumper first!!!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Not much for Macon but I love Savannah. The most beautiful southern town on the planet imo. I bought my VW bus near some army base down there (fort steward maybe?) Anyways, on way back we went through Tybee island then Savannah. It was gorgeous with the Spanish moss hanging off the trees. Half hour to go!! And I'm honestly ready to drop lol. Going home to taco soup and an episode of the Walking Dead.
Go home, relax, eat, get mentally recharged so you can tackle that that bumper project. ;)

advertisement