Bull Run ride

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much for Macon but I love Savannah. The most beautiful southern town on the planet imo. I bought my VW bus near some army base down there (fort steward maybe?) Anyways, on way back we went through Tybee island then Savannah. It was gorgeous with the Spanish moss hanging off the trees. Half hour to go!! And I'm honestly ready to drop lol. Going home to taco soup and an episode of the Walking Dead.
Yes, Savannah is an awesome town to visit, the history is amazing. However, I go there probably 20+ times a year on business and that is way different that visiting as a tourist. Spring and Fall are the times to go as a tourists in my opinion. Summer down there is nasty...

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
When you get real good, you'll have to come teach me. I've got a tig at the house and I can fuse metal real good but once I put the filler in the other hand, it gets ugly. I just don't practice enough. Most often, when stuff needs welded, I reach for the stick or the gas less mig.

Here's some shock towers I made for the P700. Not near as good a professional but I'm learning. They must be tough because @DGann hasn't broke them yet!

View attachment 28249

View attachment 28250

So what are you saying @joeymt33

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
Nah think I'll wait til somebody breaks. Then I'll do it lol. I'd better quit joking huh? That crap ain't funny

Tell me about it, if it wasn't for y'all guys I been in trouble, all I had always a flash light. Because of that last break down, I started building me a tool box for the pioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No gasket. Reviews were good on being weather proof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Brought two of them 15 years ago. Use them for camping gear. Used one on the run from RRB to Windrock and back a few months back. The 1000-5 will hold two of them in the bed. The are weather proof but you can't put them underwater. 5 stars in my book.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, Savannah is an awesome town to visit, the history is amazing. However, I go there probably 20+ times a year on business and that is way different that visiting as a tourist. Spring and Fall are the times to go as a tourists in my opinion. Summer down there is nasty...
My sister in law lives in Savannah, beautiful city. We did Xmas and new year's there a few years back. Wonderful city, especially the boardwalk new year's Eve. The traffic though, yeah screw that.

20141231 214217 20141231 214242

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Brought two of them 15 years ago. Use them for camping gear. Used one on the run from RRB to Windrock and back a few months back. The 1000-5 will hold two of them in the bed. The are weather proof but you can't put them underwater. 5 stars in my book.
I'm trying to understand why you'd put them underwater:)

Reactions: JTW and DGann
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No gasket. Reviews were good on being weather proof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
You could buy a thin self adhesive foam gasket and put on there but I read that you really don't need to. Any clothes I have in there will probably already be in a large ziplock bag or seal bag. We'll see, will be a work in progress. Not as elaborate as welding up a bumper (@Delton) or fabricating a lift for getting buddies out of the woods, (@DGann), but I'm a mental midget:confused: when it comes to that stuff. Hell, It's simply amazing that I can get over those rocks with that stock Pioneer or find my way out of the woods!:)

Last edited:
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could buy a thin self adhesive foam gasket and put on there but I read that you really don't need to. Any clothes I have in there will probably already be in a large ziplock bag or seal bag. We'll see, will be a work in progress. Not as elaborate as welding up a bumper or fabricating a lift for getting buddies out of the woods, (@DGann), but I'm a mental midget:confused: when it comes to that stuff. Hell, It's simply amazing that I can get over those rocks with that stock Pioneer or find my way out of the woods!:)
I agree that anything you really don't want to get wet, contain it in water "resistant" and have it in a "waterproof" bag as well. I've learned over the years that if it can get wet it will and at the most inopportune times!

I learned so much back in my long-distance motorcycling days that transfers perfectly to the SXS game. Having dry stuff is a huge deal...

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree that anything you really don't want to get wet, contain it in water "resistant" and have it in a "waterproof" bag as well. I've learned over the years that if it can get wet it will and at the most inopportune times!
I'm going to let the other boys carry most of the tools and I'll carry some dry clothing. Oh, I'll still carry my jack and spare along with a small bucksaw. Tow strap, spare winch rope etc.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to let the other boys carry most of the tools and I'll carry some dry clothing. Oh, I'll still carry my jack and spare along with a small bucksaw. Tow strap, spare winch rope etc.
I'm not going to be hauling my tool chest around either, but I will have the basics plus a little. Having stuff like a good GPS, compass, SPOT, comfortable clothes, boots and rain gear, some food, etc will be of a higher priority. Spare winch rope is a good idea and I will be adding that to my list of must haves...

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not going to be hauling my tool chest around either, but I will have the basics plus a little. Having stuff like a good GPS, compass, SPOT, comfortable clothes, boots and rain gear, some food, etc will be of a higher priority. Spare winch rope is a good idea and I will be adding that to my list of must haves...
Yep, a nylon winch rope could become handy at some point.. never know. It don't take up any room like a winch cable does. Wish i still had my spot but I sold it a few years back.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to try and secure that box with a couple of pins but if anyone else can think of another way, I'm open for suggestions. It would be nice if I could put it on a track of some kind and put it into place and have it lock with some kind of detent and then all you would have to do is pull the detent pins and slide it back out... I'm not coming up with anything that could be used...

Reactions: DGann and Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, a nylon winch rope could become handy at some point.. never know. It don't take up any room like a winch cable does. Wish i still had my spot but I sold it a few years back.
I've got a nice 30' pull strap, tree saver, snatch block, etc. But, that winch rope is strong, light and could make the difference! I'm going to have to look into it!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to try and secure that box with a couple of pins but if anyone else can think of another way, I'm open for suggestions. It would be nice if I could put it on a track of some kind and put it into place and have it lock with some kind of detent and then all you would have to do is pull the detent pins and slide it back out... I'm not coming up with anything that could be used...
If you're like me, I'll spend the time and ponder on it until a good idea comes to mind - because it will! In the meantime, just strap it down...

Reactions: DGann
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Monday is rain... supposed to taper off during the night and be clear Tuesday morning and possible showers coming in later in the afternoon again. Tuesday would be better for me I guess or Wednesday, your choice. I'm not up for "the gulf" without some outside leadership so we're not wasting our time. I have no idea what or where "holy tree" is. Let me know.
I got some new intel on the Gulf. That's all I'll say bout it. May do a quick shoot n scoot with the foreman cause curiosity is killing me. Tues or Wed is fine. Thurs temps drop again but still doable imo. Google can tell you more than I can on Hollytree. It's near Princeton AL which is around 30ish mins from my house ( but on other side for you). During the week they need a heads up so somebody can be there to let people in.
Jeesh, it's like talking to my Wife!:confused: "your choice" means pick one!.. I ask my Wife, "where do you want to eat?'' She says, "I don't care, anywhere." Me: "Well, just pick somewhere and I'll am the ole truck in that direction". Her: "It doesn't matter to me." Me getting frustrated: "Just pick a $#%&@#$ place!!" PICKONE! PICKONE! PICKONE!... You must have a lot of girl in ya @Delton

Last edited:
advertisement