Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering about radios and what people may use. My old long distance riding motorcycle partner and I were talking about that last weekend, wondering what the machine to machine communication was like.
Don or CP can tell you more but we are gonna use Baofeng hand held. Only mobile radio I ever used was an old CB I used to mess with truck drivers when I was younger. I have no skills with them at all. Seems like a pretty good one and only 50 bucks new. It gets great reviews.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like we have enough people to do some bike riding next spring. Don has a nice FJ mothballed in his garage. I got my trusty Vulcan I got few months ago. I HAD a CBR650F til my stepson stole it last week. I've been biting my tongue to not talk about it but just one of the many bad things I've been dealing with here lately.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm working on a way to do just that.. I may have to bum a ride with someone.. we were planning on leaving for FL that weekend buuut I might beable to push it back a day or two because wedding plans the following weekend in Atlanta have changed.
Always a seat available in my rig for a fellow enthusiast. Id even let you drive some lol. Come on down!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don or CP can tell you more but we are gonna use Baofeng hand held. Only mobile radio I ever used was an old CB I used to mess with truck drivers when I was younger. I have no skills with them at all. Seems like a pretty good one and only 50 bucks new. It gets great reviews.
I don't know crap about these radios either, a quick Amazon search shows a lot of options and models. I need to learn!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Me and Marshall just stopped at Hardee's for dinner. I hope to upload some vids later.

Oh yeah, the 4 times I got pulled out was the same hole each time! You'd think I would learn. @Delton, you're in for a surprise. Your fav mud hole may be impassable now. I never made it. Emoji35

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

I ordered mine Friday. Now the trick is learning how to use it. :rolleyes:

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar did you order through Amazon prime? I just got notification mine will be here tomorrow along with my suction cup phone holder lol. I LOVE Prime's free 2 day shipping. That's worth the 100.00 yearly membership to me lol

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
So that'll be at least 3 for our ride on the 18th. That should help with communication lol. And yes, learning to use is gonna be tricky. From what I read, it also picks up fm radio stations lol

Good thing we have Don to show us how to use it, He's the smart one :rolleyes:

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar did you order through Amazon prime? I just got notification mine will be here tomorrow along with my suction cup phone holder lol. I LOVE Prime's free 2 day shipping. That's worth the 100.00 yearly membership to me lol
Mine will be here Monday or Tuesday as well - but I won't be here to get it!! All I can promise is a fully charged battery, have no clue how to use the radio!

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine will be here Monday or Tuesday as well - but I won't be here to get it!! All I can promise is a cully charged battery, have no clue how to use the radio!
Just throwing out a guess here but as long as we are on same frequency we good to go?? Maybe?? Lol. I read some reviews and guys talking about downloading software to of then uploading to the radio...and I'm sitting here thinking maybe just maybe I can still operate it lol

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's the list for the 18th at BullRun

1. @drfubar
2. @LandPioneer
3. @Manwell
4. @Tigermark
5. @GlockMeister
6. @Delton
7. Joeymt33
8. @DGann
9. @downske
10. @snuffnwhisky
11. @Windrock1000
12. @sharp

Is this list still accurate for the 18th? Is Bull run still the place to go?

@JTW
@CPope
@BIGRACK
@PioneerPete
@Hondasxs
@scott

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sent you a link and one here
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00R7LXR7S/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Do you have to have a HAM license to use these, or does it have a frequency setting where you don't have to have a license?

Reactions: Delton and Manwell
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Dasmoeturhead we have radio questions.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have to have a HAM license to use these, or does it have a frequency setting where you don't have to have a license?
"We don't need no stinking license"

Actually, I think so and we may all end up in FCC prison before the weekend is over!! When I get in front of the Judge I'm going to plead dumb-ass...

We will be on some Military band directing F-18's in for the kill!! LOL

advertisement