Paintforsix

Jul 20, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0489
IMG 0488
IMG 0486
Almost done with the rear, then going to do a front. A guy I work with said a rear bumper couldn't be done like this, one that tilts with the bed on a 700-4Let me know what you guys think

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 72090 View attachment 72089 View attachment 72088 Almost done with the rear, then going to do a front. A guy I work with said a rear bumper couldn't be done like this, one that tilts with the bed on a 700-4Let me know what you guys think
It will work unless you hit something then the bed won't dump anymore.... needs to be attached to frame. The dump bed is weak for a bumper.JMO

But it looks good. Nice fab work....The brackets to make it work are tricky, but it can be done....

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
It will work unless you hit something then the bed won't dump anymore.... needs to be attached to frame. The dump bed is weak for a bumper.JMO

But it looks good. Nice fab work....The brackets to make it work are tricky, but it can be done....

I agree, but.... If you hit something and the bumper isn't there, you will still damage the bed.

Reactions: Paintforsix
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree, but.... If you hit something and the bumper isn't there, you will still damage the bed.
Well yes with no bumper you would... but mainly you hit low and trees are the most likely culprits.Now with that sticking out past the bed and connected to it,Its is more likely to increase the likely hood of it..the bumper needs to be on the frame and lower. All bumpers should be connected to frame...If it gets plowed into its shoving that bed and bending it...I think it looks great and fantastic fab work but Honda didn't make putting a practical bumper on a P4 very easy or practical.
I built 3 till I got mine right. Then added a bed extender and don't use one now.... I'm very worried with the Takeover and weekend warriors tailgating me....

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also EMP will sell the brackets to make the bumpers connect to the frame.... the p2 is totally different and you can put a beast of a bumper. But the p4 is tricky and not practical for a machine of its size and weight.....

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I do powder coating for Bad Boy Mowers, they have started a truck and utv accessory company called Battle Armor, I'm going to see if they will start making them when I'm done.
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see new stuff and ideas in the works.

Reactions: Paintforsix
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I also bought brackets from EMP and made my own rear. Good company to work with.85ffb84d82bd5f5197bdd31eb949aff6Db33dc82564a3472ac15445e993deaf8

Sent from my phone while sitting with my feet up on night shift

W

WhiteOak

Jan 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do powder coating for Bad Boy Mowers, they have started a truck and utv accessory company called Battle Armor, I'm going to see if they will start making them when I'm done.

Welcome to the page! Awesome job man! That is the style of bumper I'm after. Something more form fitting. I am anxious to see the front when you get it done. Oh and I love our Bad Boy mower. We've got a 2014 Outlaw w/ air ride seat Vanguard 36hp and 72in. deck. She's treated us great, as well as the customer service Bad Boy provides. I also have a dare I say, Spartan with a 72in. deck and 32hp. Vanguard. Great mower as well.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow that's and impressive look.
You are a great fabricator.
Those two bumpers look like they belong..
I can't wait till you get them all done and painted,

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
I’ll take one for a p500 and for a challenge you could do my Titan XD.

Looks really good. Can’t wait to see the finished project after Paint/powder coat. I honestly think LineX would look bad ass on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Paintforsix

Jul 20, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Almost ready to finish weld, got the skid plate and the winch mount fabed up today.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!