Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s the one I found too
If you have a pick and pull type wrecking yard nearby you could go pull a whole bunch of those relays and fuses for just a couple bucks. They would be used of course but I just throw a bunch in a ziplock bag amongst the carry tools

Reactions: sharp and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you have a pick and pull type wrecking yard nearby you could go pull a whole bunch of those relays and fuses for just a couple bucks. They would be used of course but I just throw a bunch in a ziplock bag amongst the carry tools
Good Idea. We don’t have those like we use to around here. I’ll have to look and see who’s available still.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good Idea. We don’t have those like we use to around here. I’ll have to look and see who’s available still.
Even just go into a wrecking yard and show them what you’re looking for. I’m sure they’d give you good deal. Probably just send you away with relays for free.
Every time I go out I get a bunch of bolts, screws and clips too. Got a pretty good selection at home now. Usually that stuff weathers better then the stuff at the hardware store.

Reactions: sharp and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Even just go into a wrecking yard and show them what you’re looking for. I’m sure they’d give you good deal. Probably just send you away with relays for free.
Every time I go out I get a bunch of bolts, screws and clips too. Got a pretty good selection at home now. Usually that stuff weathers better then the stuff at the hardware store.
I use to go to those a lot. Get a chit ton of free fuses. Your right there usually good about that.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
sweet fellas your the best! I’ll check those out as well.

J

JTW

EB2CC3F3 456C 4310 9365 44F144A3DDF7

advertisement
J

JTW

Based on your list it looks like anything under 10 amps you skipped the relay and you're running power through the dash switch?
Yes... the switches are good for 20-25 amps... so I just let her eat and reserve the relays for higher amp stuff. I’m redoing my lights and doing away with the 52” light bar (I had a relay overheat and melt a fuse) so I could probably get by without any relays. But this is the system I have. If I were doing it today I’d prolly use the blue sea system. But I’m also considering swapping out my switches for a couple of the Fenix units like @kilo is running. I’m not exactly sure what I’ll need for relays vs straight fuses with that system.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes... the switches are good for 20-25 amps... so I just let her eat and reserve the relays for higher amp stuff. I’m redoing my lights and doing away with the 52” light bar (I had a relay overheat and melt a fuse) so I could probably get by without any relays. But this is the system I have. If I were doing it today I’d prolly use the blue sea system. But I’m also considering swapping out my switches for a couple of the Fenix units like @kilo is running. I’m not exactly sure what I’ll need for relays vs straight fuses with that system.
It’s never ending isn’t it? Lol. Christ, every time I finish on thing, time goes by and I’m already thinking how I could do it better hahaha I swear Im gone have a stroke in this thing lol

J

JTW

It’s never ending isn’t it? Lol. Christ, every time I finish on thing, time goes by and I’m already thinking how I could do it better hahaha I swear Im gone have a stroke in this thing lol
f***ing constant... I’ll get a wild hair and order a bunch of s***... then get busy and it’ll wait until a week or two before the next big ride to get put on.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You are correct... I can’t be much help I don’t guess.
Na your good man! It helps. If anyone else is checking this out, it might be there set up. So don’t worry about it;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wonder why they would deviate? When did you get yours?
I got it in the fall of 16’ I don’t know why either

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!