Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
im having an issue with my Bussmann. I have 2 of the relay connections not working when powerd up throttle relays. 2 problems along with questions. 1-how can I test the relays to see if one is bad? 2- does someone have a diagram that showes witch relay in the panel goes to witch set of wires? I’ve looked all over and can’t see to find this. Here is a pic of a relay I pulled out. I’ll have to do each one individually to Check them if I can’t identify them .
3DD18B69 69DB 49BE 81E8 9DC65628F07D
3C70F3FA 918E 46AF 8AA9 DECAEFD2ED5F

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
SickSecBeamer

SickSecBeamer

Oct 13, 2017
Jax,Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
85 and 86 are your pos and neg when you hook them up you should feel or hear the relay click if nothing id say it’s bad

30 87 and 87a is your source to and from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 104742

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you I will try that when I get home much helpful. If knowbody can come up with a diagram as to witch relay on the panel goes to witch color wire, I’ll just have to pull them all to check each, no biggie.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I put power to 85&86 to all the relays and they all clicked so they are working. After testing them I reinstalled them and my rear lights that were not working are now working. So my conclusion with that was that I had a sticking relay and simply putting power to the coils unstuck the one that was stuck. That said tho I’m still not getting any power out of the tan wire that comes from a relay. I may just have a short in the wire I’m thinking?

advertisement
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
So I put power to 85&86 to all the relays and they all clicked so they are working. After testing them I reinstalled them and my rear lights that were not working are now working. So my conclusion with that was that I had a sticking relay and simply putting power to the coils unstuck the one that was stuck. That said tho I’m still not getting any power out of the tan wire that comes from a relay. I may just have a short in the wire I’m thinking?
If you're talking about the P1K, you won't get power on the brown wire unless the key is turned on. It supplies power directly to the fuel pump, and to the fan relay.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you're talking about the P1K, you won't get power on the brown wire unless the key is turned on. It supplies power directly to the fuel pump, and to the fan relay.
P1. I’m talking about the tan wire on the Bussmann fuse panel thats an aftermarket part

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If the relay contacts were overloaded or maybe a shot occurred while closed, the contacts could have been damaged. If this is your thought just swap with another relay. If the problem goes away then that's the problem. Also if you suspect a stuck relay I would replace it. We use many of these type replays is my business,. When they cause intermittent problems. The problem always comes back.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If the relay contacts were overloaded or maybe a shot occurred while closed, the contacts could have been damaged. If this is your thought just swap with another relay. If the problem goes away then that's the problem. Also if you suspect a stuck relay I would replace it. We use many of these type replays is my business,. When they cause intermittent problems. The problem always comes back.
Good point. We change marrs relays also when they stick one time on HVAC jobs. Sounds as if I should treat these the same way

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
do you know where the cheapest place to get replacement relays? I’ve found them on amazon but there a bit pricy for a small relay. Could just be the type?

Reactions: sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: RedFred1 and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!