P700 Busted Oil Bolt Hole

A

Adeloscope

Jul 23, 2024
Ojai, CA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey everyone

Unfortunately the oil plug/bolt got overtightened and split open the oil drain bolt hole. Double unfortunately on this model the bolt threads into an inner casing that is not accessible from outside the vehicle. Fixing this at a shop will cost more than I paid for the vehicle as there is major labor involved. I have a crazy idea and I'm wondering what y’all think?

What would happen if I sealed shut the bottom opening (leaving open the broken inner threaded hole). In this case oil would flow freely into that lower area below the broken hole. Is oil already in this area?

If I did this I would just change the oil using a pump as some folks prefer to do anyway.

Curious to get thoughts. Thanks everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: Smittyp and CID
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
welcome to the site i guess you could do that you could tap threads and put a plug in it if you wanted

Reactions: Smittyp
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My son done this to his 4wheeler. I just put compressed air in the motor so it would blow out the oil drain. Then I just drilled and tapped it to a bigger plug

The problem with the 700 enigne is the threads for the drain plug aren't straight down like normal. They are horizontal and buried behind the rear cover.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I cant find the pics we took with the scope. But it actually cracked the case where it’s threaded. Rather than stripping the threads. A chunk came loose that’s roughly triangular shaped and is about 3/8” on each side.
POIDH FO SHO!