P500 Buying new p500

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure, but personal opinion, I think tying in both rear a-arms with this hitch strengthened the rear end, as well as bringing receiver up and avoiding the shin obstacle when not in use.
I would suggest not using a standard pin and clip to contain your HF carrier but use a shoulder bolt, the ground has a funny way of ejecting the clip and loosing everything, happened to me at Takeover last year, now it’s bolted in with a stainless shoulder screw and ny-lok nut, no more worries.
Wouldn’t want you to hit a rut, loose the pin and have your deer on the ground and no way to get it home.
Happened before on my 700... that or the boy didn’t push it in enough... (not with deer corn sacks)...i use bolt and lock nut now as well.... good point though cause before it happened I never thunk twice bout it...

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
It's only pressure pushing up that causes the factory hitch to break. That's something you're going to see if you use attachments similar to whatever this thing is. ;) Another added benefit of using the aftermarket hitch is raising the height of the receiver. It was a few inches shorter than my F150 receiver so I used the same hitches between the two.

View attachment 87640

Not to get too off topic here, but curious how well does something like this work behind a ATV/UTV, especially for those who are familiar with using a small tractor?

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Not to get too off topic here, but curious how well does something like this work behind a ATV/UTV, especially for those who are familiar with using a small tractor?
I had a small atv disk homemade when i had larger atv in past... it didn’t compare to tractor and disk... but then again u use what u can afford back then I couldn’t afford a tractor used small atv disk... it was more work and u can only chop so deep, but it got the job done for the kids plots so... all depends on soil type etc... I’m in miss river bottom hard to work with....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!