P500 Buying new p500

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
You got a great price on your rig. Much lower than what I paid.
Waited til last minute got lucky... I been shopping them for few months wasn’t in hurry.. I’ve rode it a lil bit this eve it shifts smoother than I was expecting/reading about.. it does shift quick 1-3 in auto....its a nimble lil machine like riding the kids recon... nothing like the popo’s or the 700-4 I had.. this one will get more azz to seat time....

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Somebody say nimble??
DSC01241

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Wish i had known. Would have traded you.
Yeh I got rid of a ‘16 p700-4 with 14”diesels with 27” black waters kfi winch roof half windshield low miles got 8k for it.... bought it when wife used to ride picked up an 04 wrangler she always wants to ride that so got the 500 for hunting and bsing...

Reactions: HP5NC and Dp5hunter
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

Deleted member 3748

The factory hitch has some weakness with vertical forces. Some people using equipment that causes an upward force on the hitch were breaking the hitch connections at the frame. If you're just towing trailers that would probably never happen. The Moose hitch or the one @DaddyDubbs recommended would also never have this problem, and if they did, you could replace it without having to weld anything.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
The factory hitch has some weakness with vertical forces. Some people using equipment that causes an upward force on the hitch were breaking the hitch connections at the frame. If you're just towing trailers that would probably never happen. The Moose hitch or the one @DaddyDubbs recommended would also never have this problem, and if they did, you could replace it without having to weld anything.
I’m going to look into the one daddydubs posted that looked like easiest route... I only use a rack back there to load dead animals or pack a few things... swamp deer can be upwards of 250+ lbs plus my weight while dragging on off etc... so 450 ish lbs of pressure could be put towards that hitch... might be a lil much thinking bout it now...

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’m going to look into the one daddydubs posted that looked like easiest route... I only use a rack back there to load dead animals or pack a few things... swamp deer can be upwards of 250+ lbs plus my weight while dragging on off etc... so 450 ish lbs of pressure could be put towards that hitch... might be a lil much thinking bout it now...
I would hope the HF atv rack would break loose before the rear... but as I said I’m new to these Lil bikes and will take advice from folks who know way more than I do... better safe than sorry...

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
The MFG and Moose hitch are identical in design, I don't remember why I decided to go MFG, Moose on BO? MFG less money? Anyway you can't go wrong with either manufacturer.

D

Deleted member 3748

It's only pressure pushing up that causes the factory hitch to break. That's something you're going to see if you use attachments similar to whatever this thing is. ;) Another added benefit of using the aftermarket hitch is raising the height of the receiver. It was a few inches shorter than my F150 receiver so I used the same hitches between the two.

Capture3

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
It's only pressure pushing up that causes the factory hitch to break. That's something you're going to see if you use attachments similar to whatever this thing is. ;) Another added benefit of using the aftermarket hitch is raising the height of the receiver. It was a few inches shorter than my F150 receiver so I used the same hitches between the two.

View attachment 87640
Yeh I’ve got a kubota for all the work... this lil guy is for hauling deer kids etc... and joy riding... but I haven’t got the raise hitch yet to see how it works... the straight adapter is a no go for me too far out... I’ll prolly wind up with a hitch just like y’all have... looks more sturdy

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Yeh I’ve got a kubota for all the work... this lil guy is for hauling deer kids etc... and joy riding... but I haven’t got the raise hitch yet to see how it works... the straight adapter is a no go for me too far out... I’ll prolly wind up with a hitch just like y’all have... looks more sturdy
Not sure, but personal opinion, I think tying in both rear a-arms with this hitch strengthened the rear end, as well as bringing receiver up and avoiding the shin obstacle when not in use.
I would suggest not using a standard pin and clip to contain your HF carrier but use a shoulder bolt, the ground has a funny way of ejecting the clip and loosing everything, happened to me at Takeover last year, now it’s bolted in with a stainless shoulder screw and ny-lok nut, no more worries.
Wouldn’t want you to hit a rut, loose the pin and have your deer on the ground and no way to get it home.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!