P1000 Cab heat issues

S

Stalkman50

Aug 3, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just put a deposit on a 520 thinking about going back and getting the 1000-5 simply because of top end speed. Is the Cab Heat Issue too much to handle? Ill have kids with me and want something that they can ride in too. Id wayy rather have the 1000 but did not pick it simply because of this issue. Is it tolerable and just an annoyance or is it unbearable?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just put a deposit on a 520 thinking about going back and getting the 1000-5 simply because of top end speed. Is the Cab Heat Issue too much to handle? Ill have kids with me and want something that they can ride in too. Id wayy rather have the 1000 but did not pick it simply because of this issue. Is it tolerable and just an annoyance or is it unbearable?
In the Summer yes, but there's a simple cost effective method, put a fan under the seat blowing on the header with switch on the dash. Heat in the winter and tolerable in the Summer. There are threads on the different methods here.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Smitty said put a fan under the seat. I'm getting ready to do that to mine. Also you can get a trigger shield to help out. Last thing is to have the windshield open when it's hot out.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Down south maybe it’s a longer term issue, but up north the window of time per year that it’s a concern is much smaller.

A good bilge fan and some carpet scraps works good for my kiddos.

oh yeah, go with a SATV window or a front screen….that solves big heat retention. I personally use a Rouge power screen in the summer in my rig.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with the others that say go with the fan under seat. I put a bilge blower under mine pointed right at the exhaust heater. I can feel the seat start cooling off as soon as I turn it on.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What these guys 👆👆👆👆said. Is cab heat an issue on these? Yes. cab heat is an issue on ALL SXSs basically you are sitting on the motor, the under seat fan along with the trigger shield (send a pm to @trigger ) will make a big difference. Also, if your kids are riding with you, you’ll definitely want the P1K. Good luck on your choice and remember Pics Or It Didn’t Happen.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What these guys 👆👆👆👆said. Is cab heat an issue on these? Yes. cab heat is an issue on ALL SXSs basically you are sitting on the motor, the under seat fan along with the trigger shield (send a pm to @trigger ) will make a big difference. Also, if your kids are riding with you, you’ll definitely want the P1K. Good luck on your choice and remember Pics Or It Didn’t Happen.
Well said!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well said!
Ditto!

M

MrTidd

Mar 5, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the same heat issues with my talon the wife complains about it only I the summertime lol but I have to get some sound mat and heat shielding along with sealing up the body openings in the cab

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have the same heat issues with my talon the wife complains about it only I the summertime lol but I have to get some sound mat and heat shielding along with sealing up the body openings in the cab

I make one for the Talon too.

www.quickshieldutv.com

Talon Shield 3

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Living in Michigan, I haven't worried about fans or heat shields. We (family of 5) spent two sunny hot July days on the sand dunes and no one complained about heat. Most of the time we're glad to have the extra heat.

O

olfarmer

Nov 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone have any luck with improved seat comfort using some of either the breathable or gel seat pads?

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone have any luck with improved seat comfort using some of either the breathable or gel seat pads?
Nope, found it makes your ass sweat more. Yes more comfy.
Just install a bilge fan under the seat and be done with it.

BTW Welcome from Michigan where we do need a fan in the summer unless you have one cold ass 😂
Congrats on your first post.
#POIDH

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, found it makes your ass sweat more. Yes more comfy.
Just install a bilge fan under the seat and be done with it.

BTW Welcome from Michigan where we do need a fan in the summer unless you have one cold ass 😂
Congrats on your first post.
#POIDH
I too put a bilge blower under my seat blowing directly at the exhaust header. Cools the seat off instantly.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too put a bilge blower under my seat blowing directly at the exhaust header. Cools the seat off instantly.
Do you find the bilge blower cools it off adequately by itself, or have you also installed under seat/seatback insulation? I've done the blower, but the weather hasn't been hot enough to test it. Haven't gotten around to installing the insulation yet.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you find the bilge blower cools it off adequately by itself, or have you also installed under seat/seatback insulation? I've done the blower, but the weather hasn't been hot enough to test it. Haven't gotten around to installing the insulation yet.
I added the under seat/seatback insulation first and hardly noticed a difference. The blower is like night and day. My girlfriend says it cools off instantly when I turn it on. Here's the one I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O0DE9E/?tag=sxsweb24-20
and I just made a bracket for it to attach to.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
At crawl speed cab heat is annoying but with a two-piece windshield with upper portion opened slightly and a little air flow provided by road speed it's not an issue.

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added the under seat/seatback insulation first and hardly noticed a difference. The blower is like night and day. My girlfriend says it cools off instantly when I turn it on. Here's the one I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O0DE9E/?tag=sxsweb24-20
and just I made a bracket for it to attach to.

Thanks you! I'm going to hold off doing the under seat insulation I think. You have to dig through the question/answers on Amaz', but the blower you used is 3" and rated 120 CFM. I used a 4", 270 CFM blower, so hoping that'll do.

Shown with inlet reducer removed - don't do that, it actually reduces flow a bit.
20211213 153122

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks you! I'm going to hold off doing the under seat insulation I think. You have to dig through the question/answers on Amaz', but the blower you used is 3" and rated 120 CFM. I used a 4", 270 CFM blower, so hoping that'll do.

Shown with inlet reducer removed - don't do that, it actually reduces flow a bit.
View attachment 334580
Should work. You're kicking out over double the CFM of mine. I put mine off to the the passenger side of the engine so it blows directly on the exhaust header. Come summer you'll know if it works :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!