Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Let me ask this question. If the heat product improvement “recall” isn’t done is the heat from the engine in an enclosed cab sufficient to keep someone warm?
It helps, but no.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let me ask this question. If the heat product improvement “recall” isn’t done is the heat from the engine in an enclosed cab sufficient to keep someone warm?
With our enclosure we ran several times at around 20 degrees and stayed warm enough that we took our coats off. Previous year we had Honda soft doors and mid window and as long as machine warmed up and we'd run about 15mph or so it was comfortable with a normal jacket.
I built a heat/cooling control recently that works wonders. 7in fan for cooling and two 3" computer fans that blow into to cabin. The controller senses temp and uses appropriate fan. It'll actually be hot in the cab if wanted.

Last edited:
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I use a little electric heater that plugs in the 12v in my 500 just as a window defogger for when I have my full cab on for winter. Does a good job at that but like others have said already it is nowhere near big enough to heat the entire cab of the smaller 500. My next AMR upload is actually an install vid on it...lol.

C

Crwh45

Nov 3, 2016
Greene, N.Y.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last winter I used a buddy heater. I bought a cup hold thing for a jeep, strapped it to the floor right in the middle up under the dash so it would accommodate bigger cups. Doesn't move at all. So I thought I'd try a buddy heater last winter, strapped it to that so it was at an agle, and it worked pretty well. Wasn't toasty or anything, but enough heat off from it I wouldn't freeze. Full windshield and top. Regular doors on it. I know it has a flame and everything, but I just used it for hunting, going into and out of the woods, about 5 miles each way, at a nice slow pace. I wouldn't recommend normal riding or anything with it, but for plowing or something where you are going slow and it is strapped good, I thought it'd be fine. Just be sure to have comp insurance incase it does catch fire haha.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks like a Honda cup holder you used as the vent coming into the cab. Or am I just seeing things? If it is at least their good for something!
Yes it was had to have something for a test. Ordered a 3" bilge blower vent cover and it is installed now much better fit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!