P1000 Cabin heat

H

Hobblecreek

Aug 10, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m sure this has been asked and answered. But what is the consensus on the best way to solve the heat problem in the cab of a 2017 Pioneer 1000M3?

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
K

Kurt

Jan 16, 2018
Brandenburg, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the design engineering heat shield and have been very happy with the results and ease of install.

Reactions: Lady01
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m sure this has been asked and answered. But what is the consensus on the best way to solve the heat problem in the cab of a 2017 Pioneer 1000M3?
I added "Frost King" aluminum insluation with self adhesive to all of my plastic panels (plus the DEI seat heat shield) I also added the insulation to it to the engine panels. keeps the noise reflected back at the bottom of the machine, made it a bunch quieter.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the design engineering heat shield and have been very happy with the results and ease of install.
How much do you think it cut down on the heat? I'd like to do something else to mine before summer.

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added "Frost King" aluminum insluation with self adhesive to all of my plastic panels (plus the DEI seat heat shield) I also added the insulation to it to the engine panels. keeps the noise reflected back at the bottom of the machine, made it a bunch quieter.
How thick is the Frost King stuff? By saying th engine panels, are you meaning the seat panels?

K

Kurt

Jan 16, 2018
Brandenburg, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't put a real number to how much it lowered the heat since I installed in the fall and haven't rode in summer heat yet. The center area behind the seat where it has gotten really hot even to touch now is the same temp as the rest of the seats. Grandkids used to complain about the heat if we rode very long haven't even mentioned it since I put the panels on.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How thick is the Frost King stuff? By saying th engine panels, are you meaning the seat panels?
approx 1/8" the panels under the seat at the lower legs and side by each door (internal (engine side gain access by removing seat, although I went one step further and removed the panels for easy installation).

The access panels covering the engine/air filter etc.

Best to use an additional heat rated adhesive... This is the best on the market Permagrip PG107 from Tractor Interior Upholstery LLC | Cab Kits | Tractor Headliners | Post Covers | Acoustical Foam... and while you are there consider getting some interior trim for the headliner and the back panel. Helps to absorb cab noise bouncing off the roof and helps with the heat/sun load in summer and insulation in the cold michigan winters.

Permagrip PG107 Tractor Interior Upholstery Frost king Foam and Foil Duct Insulation

Reactions: DenMachine
advertisement
Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a full and half windshield. In the summer I don't run one at all and the kids cook while driving slow.
Yeah not a cure all but a great place to start. Brother has a 2016 fixed windshield that he bought last year and its pretty unbearable at times...

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
approx 1/8" the panels under the seat at the lower legs and side by each door (internal (engine side gain access by removing seat, although I went one step further and removed the panels for easy installation).

The access panels covering the engine/air filter etc.

Best to use an additional heat rated adhesive... This is the best on the market Permagrip PG107 from Tractor Interior Upholstery LLC | Cab Kits | Tractor Headliners | Post Covers | Acoustical Foam... and while you are there consider getting some interior trim for the headliner and the back panel. Helps to absorb cab noise bouncing off the roof and helps with the heat/sun load in summer and insulation in the cold michigan winters.

View attachment 260942 View attachment 260945
Thanks... Yep a flip up windshield would be nice, but I love my full cab with doors. So it's just a matter of getting rid of excess heat in the summer. I added roof vent that helps. But your riding conditions is what counts. Mine is Wisconsin summer and winter Arizona. With this combinations of climates, you would not believe how many days a year I turn the Honda cab heater on and warm the engine. But then there are days like today in Arizona where it was 80 degrees. With door window open, roof vent open and rear window slider open, it was ok. Only problem is on dusty trails one does not want rear window slider open. Sucks in too much dust even with back totally enclosed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!