P500 Camping costs, toy hauler

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
Hi, i am enjoying my P500 and am looking at a toy hauler.
I am from Canada and can camp on crown land without fees, in northern Ontario. I find our provincial campground expensive.

Is it worth it to take a rv trailer south to save some hotel fees. Is camping expensive or is there free alternatives as well. Other than the Walmart parking lot.
I am kicking around toy hauler,
Camper and machine in truck.
Tow machine and get rooms cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure it has a generator and it will open up a ton of free parks. When we drive super long trip we just stay the night in the camper at a rest stop.

Royal Blue the place we had the Takeover would cost you $43 a night for 30amp and $53 a night for 50amp.

You could do a cabin from $100 to $183.

I go get the camper run it at the house overnight plugged in to get the fridge cold the day before I go. Then we load all food and everything in the camper and head out that means we also save money on food and time when on vacation.

Its way cheaper to camp in the USA over hotel on vacation. We have done, The Takeover, Vortex Springs FL, San Antonio, Orange beach all just this summer, Another great place to camp is Disney we did that last year (Have to book like a year in advance).

IMG 1048 1

IMG 1374

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In E. Washington/N. Idaho 95% of our camping consists of Nat Forest and everything is free. We don’t like paying for camping in overcrowded campgrounds with rules and regs. I can get very claustrophobic around a ton of people and kinda need the space to do our own thing.
Our toyhauler is set up to not be shore or generator dependent. It’s very efficient. Personally don’t like the sound of the genny in the woods but we do have a Honda for special needs or for friends that have loud ones. If you consider buying one I’d go Honda for sure.
Not paying for cabins or campgrounds allows us to go out much more. Imo sometimes less is more. We try to stay around 100$ for most weekends

Last edited:

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
In E. Washington/N. Idaho 95% of our camping consists of Nat Forest and everything is free. We don’t like paying for camping in overcrowded campgrounds with rules and regs. I can get very claustrophobic around a ton of people and kinda need the space to do our own thing.
Our toyhauler is set up to not be shore or generator dependent. It’s very efficient. Personally don’t like the sound of the genny in the woods but we do have a Honda for special needs or for friends that have loud ones. If you consider buying one I’d go Honda for sure.
Not paying for cabins or campgrounds allows us to go out much more. Imo sometimes less is more. We try to stay around 100$ for most weekends

Yes i have a honda 2000 gen, but am installing solar panels at my cottage, so when im away i will have an awesome battery bank.
We passed on the one toy-hauler i was looking at, my logic is it wouldn’t work if i upgrade machines.
I have a truck to haul so i think we will wait until spring and set my truck up for a 5th wheel. And go bigger.

I don’t like the park setting for all the people and having to pay for it is worse.
Knowing there is still free camping around would make the decision alot easier. There will be times when a park is a good option.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes i have a honda 2000 gen, but am installing solar panels at my cottage, so when im away i will have an awesome battery bank.
We passed on the one toy-hauler i was looking at, my logic is it wouldn’t work if i upgrade machines.
I have a truck to haul so i think we will wait until spring and set my truck up for a 5th wheel. And go bigger.

I don’t like the park setting for all the people and having to pay for it is worse.
Knowing there is still free camping around would make the decision alot easier. There will be times when a park is a good option.

Sounds like you’re trying to do some nice long trips traveling around?

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
Sounds like you’re trying to do some nice long trips traveling around?

Yes the wife and i like to travel and would like to spend a couple months travelling, money permitting.
Ive told the wife to start making a list of some must see destinations, she didnt like to atv but likes the utv,
It will be nice to explore nature and it’s beautiful sights.
It would be nice to spend 4-5 days at a central base, then move on.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes the wife and i like to travel and would like to spend a couple months travelling, money permitting.
Ive told the wife to start making a list of some must see destinations, she didnt like to atv but likes the utv,
It will be nice to explore nature and it’s beautiful sights.
It would be nice to spend 4-5 days at a central base, then move on.

Man that sounds perfect.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!