P1000 Can anyone help me identify this leak?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No it was not there before. My Pioneer is parked alone in my lower garage. I even posted a picture of where it's coming down from the frame onto the ground. I just checked again and it's dripped again from the same spot. Not as much this time but it's there, again. I'll do more investigating later today. I've been working so much this week that I've not had much time to fool with it, which is why I was hoping someone here could quickly identify the problem to begin with.
We're doing the best we can to help you. I recommend getting the front elevated then pulling the skids and giving it a thorough power washing. Then let it dry and look for leaks. Raising it will help the water run out of the frame.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appreciate it! I'm definitely going to do that. I'll try to this evening and maybe figure more out when I get back under there.

Reactions: BWAF
Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I've identified the source of the leak but I'm still puzzled by it. I just recorded and uploaded a video rather than type and explain everything. Look over my hoarse voice, allergies have been haywire. Ideas?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Could it be rust leaking from water inside a frame? This is will be orange in color as described.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Dont know my friend,

Have you ever flipped it?
Most of the vent tubes run into the frame. It is possible they are connected in some way via vent ports throughout the frame and has now found its way down and into the mainframe exiting that vent port.

I still think its rust/water/muck, but I agree its awful oily.

Are you the first owner? There were talks about putting rust preventer inside that main tube. I forget the name of it.

When I had my clutch done. I know they had oil everywhere. I watched them take it out to a pit and de-grease it before re-assembling the body parts. Still, none of this is connected to that frame. *I dont think*

I know it is going to bug the crap out of you but don't let it ruin your life. lol.

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dont know my friend,

Have you ever flipped it?
Most of the vent tubes run into the frame. It is possible they are connected in some way via vent ports throughout the frame and has now found its way down and into the mainframe exiting that vent port.

I still think its rust/water/muck, but I agree its awful oily.

Are you the first owner? There were talks about putting rust preventer inside that main tube. I forget the name of it.

When I had my clutch done. I know they had oil everywhere. I watched them take it out to a pit and de-grease it before re-assembling the body parts. Still, none of this is connected to that frame. *I dont think*

I know it is going to bug the crap out of you but don't let it ruin your life. lol.
I am the only owner. I bought it new last year. It's never been flipped or rode rough at all. I baby it. I dunno, I'll just keep an eye on but definitely won't let it stop me from enjoying it!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am the only owner. I bought it new last year. It's never been flipped or rode rough at all. I baby it. I dunno, I'll just keep an eye on but definitely won't let it stop me from enjoying it!
That's very odd. It's possible something was in there from the factory but I would think it would've appeared before now. Just rinse it out with the garden hose and don't let it bother you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
“I baby it”. That’s the problem. Ride it like ya stole it and it will quit shedding those tears from not having as much fun as it could have!!!