P1000 Help me understand this please!!!!

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That dealer is a scumbag.

I hope you posted the name.

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I need help. I am not tech savvy, but decided to install super ATV a arms on my 2017 Honda pioneer Limited addition. After I installed the a arms I put 30x10x14 tusk terabytes on the tusk rim. When I turn the machine on my I four-wheel-drive morning light was on, and the hillside assist would not work. I took it to the dealer and they said this:
Hi,
Looks like the ABS Modulator Assy., part has failed. The cost for the part is 1596.72 plus labor to install this would be around 2500.00 We will need your approval if you want us to proceed.
Thanks
When I called them to talk to them about it, they said they were on the phone with Honda for a while and we’re not sure if that was the actual problem.
My question for you guys is obviously when I took and put the front A arms on I might have pulled a sensor or something with the brakes. I know the brake line is super super tight and I was worried about it when I turned the wheel. Does anybody have any experience with this or have gone through this? I feel like I might have just shorted something out and don’t need the whole assembly but I don’t know anything about this topic.

View attachment 382835 View attachment 382836 View attachment 382837
did u disconnect that connector when wrenching or tension it when wrenching?

Reactions: Smitty335
cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats why I NEVER use a dealer for service... 99.9% of them are morons and the others straight up crooks.

Honda 2006 fx1200 PWC, dealer told the owner $7K for a new engine. I bought it from the guy and replaced a bent valve for $12. The most expensive part was the head gasket at 78 dollars.

I know a dealership needs to make money, but they try to F@$K everyone who comes through the door.

H

HondaTech

Thats why I NEVER use a dealer for service... 99.9% of them are morons and the others straight up crooks.

Honda 2006 fx1200 PWC, dealer told the owner $7K for a new engine. I bought it from the guy and replaced a bent valve for $12. The most expensive part was the head gasket at 78 dollars.

I know a dealership needs to make money, but they try to F@$K everyone who comes through the door.

Some of us aren't either of those.

Reactions: Jerryg and GolfCart
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
In the late 80's there was a sting organized by the local newspaper on Power Equipment shop the next town over. What they discovered was incredible but being the competition it was nothing we didn't already know.

But for years after people were very skeptical going to other PE shops, It was something we just had to deal with.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!