BOX1

P500 Can't buy a 520

D

Dynamicfigure

Jan 12, 2021
WA
My first thread, and thank you all for helping steer me to the Pioneer 520. Of my two local Powersports stores neither seem interested in the slightest in taking a deposit and putting me on the list for a new Pioneer 520. Any secrets to getting one of these and/or any ideas on a dealership in the Pacific Northwest that will sell one?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome to the club, can't provide any advice but good luck on your search, post pics when you find one.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
My first thread, and thank you all for helping steer me to the Pioneer 520. Of my two local Powersports stores neither seem interested in the slightest in taking a deposit and putting me on the list for a new Pioneer 520. Any secrets to getting one of these and/or any ideas on a dealership in the Pacific Northwest that will sell one?
I think if you go by there and show genuine interest in the dealership and I avoid try beating them up over price or being a PITA (I'm saying this respectfully), then I suspect they will call you when it arrives. I strongly believe you are going to sell for MSRP, supply/demand.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would travel a little farther and find different dealer. they should be more than happy to take your money . After u find one with a dealer that wants your money pull in the lot with it and honk and wave at the sh**** salesman that didn't wanna help. " I done this with a foreman 500 years ago"

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Buy a 500 . Make your own bed

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I would travel a little farther and find different dealer. they should be more than happy to take your money . After u find one with a dealer that wants your money pull in the lot with it and honk and wave at the sh**** salesman that didn't wanna help. " I done this with a foreman 500 years ago"

I did that with a truck once. Dealer was asking way too much for a used truck that didn't have sh** for accessories. Hell it didn't even have carpet. Pulled in a few days later with one that I bought from a private seller, BA truck that was loaded and about 3 grand less than the one he was pushing. Walked up to his desk and pointed out the one I bought parked in front. The only thing he said was "wow, I guess you weren't f***ing around were you". Didn't know how to read a customer very well bc no I wasn't.

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Southbound Honda in Lakewood has a green one in inventory. These guys are pretty good. I bought mine from them and I live three hours away. None of the dealers in Oregon were very helpful.

M

mrscanham

Jan 23, 2021
Portland oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Southbound Honda in Lakewood has a green one in inventory. These guys are pretty good. I bought mine from them and I live three hours away. None of the dealers in Oregon were very helpful.
I called them a week ago on that "available" 520 and they said it was already reserved and no more currently coming. Unless the buyer backed out....
However Columbia River motorsports has two coming in, one in green (i put my deposit on it) and in red as of last week. They arrive in Tacoma on the 24th and then being shipped down soon after. Very very helpful guy named Doug called up his Honda rep for all the info. Maybe try them.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Same here, Honda just did not make enough of them.

Before you know, it will be time to announce the 22' model.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
J

Jdh3

Dec 28, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Now I’m feeling like I hit the lottery and was really lucky. My 520 hit the dealers warehouse last Saturday and I’m picking it up on Friday. I’m sure Honda is still making them as fast as they can but most dealers are only getting 1/month or so.
my biggest worry is the vin is 00123. Probably built the first week of production. I hope the associates know what they are doing.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Now I’m feeling like I hit the lottery and was really lucky. My 520 hit the dealers warehouse last Saturday and I’m picking it up on Friday. I’m sure Honda is still making them as fast as they can but most dealers are only getting 1/month or so.
my biggest worry is the vin is 00123. Probably built the first week of production. I hope the associates know what they are doing.
My vin is 00171 and I got it two weeks ago today.

RLindqu2

RLindqu2

Jan 21, 2021
Waitsburg WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I called them a week ago on that "available" 520 and they said it was already reserved and no more currently coming. Unless the buyer backed out....
However Columbia River motorsports has two coming in, one in green (i put my deposit on it) and in red as of last week. They arrive in Tacoma on the 24th and then being shipped down soon after. Very very helpful guy named Doug called up his Honda rep for all the info. Maybe try them.
Yes, they are very easy to deal with, I pick up the Red one Saturday I found that one by reading these post,s and when one was spotted call them...
Spokane, Walla Walla was saying they couldn't even place orders for them till April.

Reactions: Mudder
M

mrscanham

Jan 23, 2021
Portland oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, they are very easy to deal with, I pick up the Red one Saturday I found that one by reading these post,s and when one was spotted call them...
Spokane, Walla Walla was saying they couldn't even place orders for them till April.
No idea if it's still available but pro caliber in Vancouver Washington called me saying they had one in too. I already have my deposit on one from the Columbia River motorsports so I passed on pro caliber.

Reactions: Mudder
M

mrscanham

Jan 23, 2021
Portland oregon
Ownership

1. 500
I hope to get mine on Saturday too from them but yours came in but not mine. Maybe tomorrow. I'm itching to take it out for a ride.

Reactions: Mudder and CaboJim
RLindqu2

RLindqu2

Jan 21, 2021
Waitsburg WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Just picked my 520 up. At Columbia River Motorsport in St Helens Or. they may have one coming available to the first one to make a deposit. 503 3973502. Talk to Gary.

J

Jdh3

Dec 28, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Saw a red 520 at Honda Marysville, Ohio tonight. I don’t know the price but thought I’d pass it along for those still looking.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, you guys talking about who and who dont have one, then some of you picked one up and so forth! Thats supper Excellent and sweet but some pics would be nice to see rigs you speak of! :cool:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!