P1000 CATVOS Pioneer 1000, 3 Inch Lift Install!

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Have you taken it for a ride and then recheck the camber?
Yes thats when I notice its way out. When looking at it before i take it for a ride it looks toed in. After the ride it looks toed out. Im going to try adjusting it all the way in and see what happens . Its odd that one side is only half way in but the other is screwed all the way in. If that doesnt work Ill give scott a call . They really do have pretty good customer service there.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Catvos builds good stuff and props to them for getting something out for the pioneer as quick as they did.
I'm definitely happy with the lift, just gotta figure this one thing out . They have great customer service.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Also, he mentioned that the stock wheels on the deluxe version are very close to making contact with the rear A-arms so guys like me that will keep their OEM wheels and tires will need to use a 1" spacer in the rear to prevent contact. He said it would only happen when the vehicle was loaded heavy and the rear suspension was compressed.

Did he say it would definitely make contact and only when fully compressed? I wonder what it would take to reach that point with 500 lbs of extra weight in the back ( couple of passengers and gear). I was planning on running the OEM wheels, new ones are not in the budget. Kit came in yesterday and I am dying to get it installed, having reservations with this wheel concern. Might just try the rear install and pull the shocks to check the clearance while fully stuffed.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Not all of the kits will make contact with the inner rim. As they figure out what are the potential issues with the kits they are making changes as issues come up. Mine does when loaded heavy but I'm just gonna run 1" spacers.

Reactions: pct
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Not all of the kits will make contact with the inner rim. As they figure out what are the potential issues with the kits they are making changes as issues come up. Mine does when loaded heavy but I'm just gonna run 1" spacers.

I'll end up getting spacers for all 4 corners. My problem is that the lift is in my possession, many of my riding partners come back for R&R today and I finish mine in a week ( we work 2 week on/ 2 week off schedules), I want to show off the Pioneer, but won't be able have wheel spacers delivered before I leave. Waited 2 weeks for the lift, another 3 before I can install it would kill me!

Reactions: pct
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I understand that ! It might not run at all - hard to tell. - mine wasn't rubbing at first either but hauling 800+ lbs of deer feed plus the weight of the mud made mine rub.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll end up getting spacers for all 4 corners. My problem is that the lift is in my possession, many of my riding partners come back for R&R today and I finish mine in a week ( we work 2 week on/ 2 week off schedules), I want to show off the Pioneer, but won't be able have wheel spacers delivered before I leave. Waited 2 weeks for the lift, another 3 before I can install it would kill me!

It should only rub under a heavy load or maybe jumping the rig where the ass-end hits hard or bottoms out, might scrape up the wheels and arms a bit, but I doubt it'll hurt them as long as you're relatively careful.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I agree - it's not gonna bind up or anything - just gonna run on the inner rim.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Going to give it a shot. Just got all the silt off the machines from yesterdays ride. I'll find out on the next few rides if it will work without the spacers. If not, I'll have 2 weeks for spacers to be delivered before my next R&R.

advertisement
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Can someone post a pic of potential problem spot having trouble picturing it.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Decided to tinker in the garage and install the rear arms. Pretty straightforward. Little over an hour to get it installed. Trickiest part was getting joints into the pocket on the frame. All the holes lined up well. I'll get it aligned after the front install, then maybe pull the rear shocks and check for clearance issues.

Reactions: joeymt33
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Didn't think to check the toe in or camber before the install. Any body know what those should be set at or are we just shooting for plumb and straight ahead?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not sure what the OEM specs are as I haven't received my shop manual yet but I set camber straight and the toe is set very slightly in to prevent any "wandering" at high speeds.

Also, I didn't check mine either prior to the installation. I wouldn't be surprised if it was out of spec anyway from Honda.

Reactions: pct and amc019
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Can someone post a pic of potential problem spot having trouble picturing it.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Yes thats when I notice its way out. When looking at it before i take it for a ride it looks toed in. After the ride it looks toed out. Im going to try adjusting it all the way in and see what happens . Its odd that one side is only half way in but the other is screwed all the way in. If that doesnt work Ill give scott a call . They really do have pretty good customer service there.

Did you get your issue resolved?
I noticed the same thing after I got the machine back on the ground. Also noticed the right rear was just about touching the rim. After a few attempts a trying to get the toe right, I made a call to Catvos.

Talked to Scott, hes says start with the hiem joint 3 turns out on the front and rear of the arms. You should only need to adjust camber, as the factory upper arms have no adjustments.

Explained the other issue I had. He says I have one of the kits from the first batch. My understanding is that mine is the last kit from the run, that was unaccounted for. He will be shipping me a new pair of rear arms in the morning, as it was late afternoon when I spoke with him.
I haven't done the front, put the stock rear arms back so I can ride. I asked about clamps for the front brake lines, he says most people use 175lb zip ties, but will be sending me clamps with the new rear arms.

Hats off to Scott and Catvos for their customer service. I was leery at first when I saw the free shipping, but placed my order anyway. Usually I would get a call or email saying "we can't ship it there" or " its going to cost you extra", at least $100 for a box that size. They held up to their end of the bargain.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Did you get your issue resolved?
I noticed the same thing after I got the machine back on the ground. Also noticed the right rear was just about touching the rim. After a few attempts a trying to get the toe right, I made a call to Catvos.

Talked to Scott, hes says start with the hiem joint 3 turns out on the front and rear of the arms. You should only need to adjust camber, as the factory upper arms have no adjustments.

Explained the other issue I had. He says I have one of the kits from the first batch. My understanding is that mine is the last kit from the run, that was unaccounted for. He will be shipping me a new pair of rear arms in the morning, as it was late afternoon when I spoke with him.
I haven't done the front, put the stock rear arms back so I can ride. I asked about clamps for the front brake lines, he says most people use 175lb zip ties, but will be sending me clamps with the new rear arms.

Hats off to Scott and Catvos for their customer service. I was leery at first when I saw the free shipping, but placed my order anyway. Usually I would get a call or email saying "we can't ship it there" or " its going to cost you extra", at least $100 for a box that size. They held up to their end of the bargain.
What is different about the old rear a-arms and the new ones? I did get the left pretty close but the adjustment is screwwed all the way in The right side is only half way in. I dont think it will hurt anything being that way. I believe I'm the second kit they sold so I wonder if theres a issue with mine.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
What is different about the old rear a-arms and the new ones? I did get the left pretty close but the adjustment is screwwed all the way in The right side is only half way in. I dont think it will hurt anything being that way. I believe I'm the second kit they sold so I wonder if theres a issue with mine.

Scott said the old jig didn't have stops for the outer bar, which allowed it to be welded a little farther forward or back. That shouldn't affect the toe, only the clearance with the wheels. All the mounting points had set points in the jig, so they should be right.

The bottom bar is the one that could have be welded too far forward or back.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!