P1000 CDI box under the driver's seat

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
so if you pull the bench seat and look under the driver's seat you'll find a rubber mat covering the opening. pull that off and theres a huge empty space.... that happens to hold dirt and mud well. well thats also the location of the computer and regulator.... and what happens to look like a regular 2-connector 6-pin CDI box off of a small kids ATV. i mean it looks just like it. take a look. oh yea that looks like a great storage place, large enough you could about fit a milk crate in there. im thinking tool storage.... or for those that dont do mud or water how about a decent sized subwoofer.

Anyways, if that is a CDI and how they are powering the coil packs.... possibly an aftermarket adjustable one could be swapped out. maybe throw some changes on the timing curve. anyone have any word on power commander releasing theirs?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Im confused, I read your post, then looked to see who posted. The last I knew your user name @slowandeasy and changing timing curves,power upgrades don't seem to go together lol.

Reactions: amc019
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
its typical practice to adjust timing on takeoff at low RPMs to be easier on the drivetrain.... kawie has been doing it for years.

btw slowandeasy was from my mud truck days, i had a K5 on cut boggers with 4.56 gears and a built 406 with a 180 shot.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
btw for nitrous, is was like 2deg for every 100hp of nitrous. we liked to run mine at about 36-38 total timing with a locked out advance.

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so if you pull the bench seat and look under the driver's seat you'll find a rubber mat covering the opening. pull that off and theres a huge empty space.... that happens to hold dirt and mud well. well thats also the location of the computer and regulator.... and what happens to look like a regular 2-connector 6-pin CDI box off of a small kids ATV. i mean it looks just like it. take a look. oh yea that looks like a great storage place, large enough you could about fit a milk crate in there. im thinking tool storage.... or for those that dont do mud or water how about a decent sized subwoofer.

Anyways, if that is a CDI and how they are powering the coil packs.... possibly an aftermarket adjustable one could be swapped out. maybe throw some changes on the timing curve. anyone have any word on power commander releasing theirs?
Already got an ammo can in mine

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
btw for nitrous, is was like 2deg for every 100hp of nitrous. we liked to run mine at about 36-38 total timing with a locked out advance.
wow

Last edited:
D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
I put a bottle jack and 1/2 inch drive rachet and tire changing tools in that space with room to spare,,Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: dale5740

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!