P1000 Center Seat Belt?

S

Sparky74

Anyone remove the Center Seat Seatbelt completely and then move the Passenger & Drivers Seatbelt Buckles to the center seatbelt mounts? Thought this would give a little more hip room for the Driver & Passenger! If you have removed it, how did you disconnect & reroute the wires for the Drivers Buckle? My Honda is a 2017 1000-5.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone remove the Center Seat Seatbelt completely and then move the Passenger & Drivers Seatbelt Buckles to the center seatbelt mounts? Thought this would give a little more hip room for the Driver & Passenger! If you have removed it, how did you disconnect & reroute the wires for the Drivers Buckle? My Honda is a 2017 1000-5.
If you are moving the drive buckle over to the center, It should reach. I believe the wiring has enough slack in it to fit in both positions. You may need to remove the plastic shield between the seats bottom and back to reroute the wire. I think it is clipped into the seat frame for routing.
The driver buckle plugs into here. (white plug, bypass installed)
IMG 20190216 1451232

Reactions: Sparky74
S

Sparky74

If you are moving the drive buckle over to the center, It should reach. I believe the wiring has enough slack in it to fit in both positions. You may need to remove the plastic shield between the seats bottom and back to reroute the wire. I think it is clipped into the seat frame for routing.
The driver buckle plugs into here. (white plug, bypass installed)
View attachment 114405

Does the White Plug go into the Red Plug? How did you make the By-Pass? By-Passing the thing would be a lot easier & nicer!!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the White Plug go into the Red Plug? How did you make the By-Pass? By-Passing the thing would be a lot easier & nicer!!
The white plug connects to the seatbelt.
The red plug is the diagnostic jumper for getting codes on the dash. I put the loop of the bypass around it to keep it from hanging down.

The bypass was installed because the owner wanted harnesses installed. Unplugging it would have limited the machine to 15mph. Which would have been funny, but not a phone call I would want to answer.

I'll look thru my emails to see where I got it.

Reactions: CPope and Sparky74
S

Sparky74

The white plug connects to the seatbelt.
The red plug is the diagnostic jumper for getting codes on the dash. I put the loop of the bypass around it to keep it from hanging down.

The bypass was installed because the owner wanted harnesses installed. Unplugging it would have limited the machine to 15mph. Which would have been funny, but not a phone call I would want to answer.

I'll look thru my emails to see where I got it.

Thanks for the info. I would like to By-Pass the whole thing if possible and not have to mess around trying to reroute the wires! Will be awaiting to hear any info you can find on where to get one of those By-Passes.

Reactions: CPope
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. I would like to By-Pass the whole thing if possible and not have to mess around trying to reroute the wires! Will be awaiting to hear any info you can find on where to get one of those By-Passes.
Not a problem, i'll search around my emails.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Harness accessory seatbelt bypass kit

I made my own. But found this in our club store at a reasonable price.

S

Sparky74

Harness accessory seatbelt bypass kit

I made my own. But found this in our club store at a reasonable price.

Neohio: I removed the Center Seat Belt and moved the Driver & Passenger buckles to the center mounting locations, Also installed the By-Pass plug you mentioned (your pic really helped!) and everything works great! Moving the buckles inwards does give the 2 front seats a little more hip room and comfort. Thanks again for the tip on the By-Pass Plug!

Reactions: Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neohio: I removed the Center Seat Belt and moved the Driver & Passenger buckles to the center mounting locations, Also installed the By-Pass plug you mentioned (your pic really helped!) and everything works great! Moving the buckles inwards does give the 2 front seats a little more hip room and comfort. Thanks again for the tip on the By-Pass Plug!
Glad everything is working well for you.

Reactions: Sparky74

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!