HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 500
My friends at Star Fabricating in Crooked Creek, Alberta, fabricated a mount on the P500 and powder coated. We use these Kolpin Saw Mounts on the front racks of our quads. They are super handy, and the blades are never in harms way. When you jump off your quad, everything you need for dealing with that fallen tree is at the front of your quad. Because the P500 has suicide doors, I wanted the same thing for the P500, jump out and get to the front of the machine. They were also able to add mesh screen, as I wanted a radiator protector from whipping willows and sticks. The visibility behind the wheel is good, and it sits relatively the same way on your quads. We hunt on cut-lines and seismic trails not on ATV/UTV trails, so we really only deal with the odd fallen tree across the line. I have one other addition, but waiting on AMAZON PRIME 8 day delivery!
IMG 20190828 120126
IMG 20190828 102933
IMG 20190828 120117
IMG 20190828 122353
IMG 20190828 122649

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Oh yeah, behind the scenes LoL, is boat racks. We pulled all the boats, racks and docks, Water has gotten too cold, and we get pretty serious when it comes to readying ourselves for hunting! It was a great summer other than too much rain. Compared to last summer with all the smoke from forest fires in British Columbia. We had one day is was so smoky the yards lights came on, and the bats came out at noon, it was that dark out.

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Looks good! I use a Koplin mount that attaches to my roll bar with 2 honda quick release mounts......3c1d6e0d4864413cb2a22d4d9c9672e6

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

J

Jut

Aug 28, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have seen bars bent carrying like that. If it works for you that's good but for me I just keep mine in the saw case strapped on the back. Small containers of fuel and bar oil with essential tools all in the saw box.

Bending the bar has always been a fear of mine. I use a Kolpin Saw Press on my P5. It's mounted to a piece of plywood that is mounted to my plywood bed on the rear rack. The saw bounces around a lot, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to bend because the same saw and press rides on the back of my Ski-doo in the winter and has gone through a lot of abuse. My Dolmar saw has never failed me.

Reactions: HaggyGP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!