Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
D

Deleted member 3748

Very cool, that's the way to do it right there. Question is, do you wire all the way back to the battery? There was a 2 ft adapter, that was suggested with the socket, that has ring terminals on it. Could I wire that to my winch solenoid instead?
Connecting to your winch solenoid is what started this thread. Though I have a circuit breaker before the solenoid that I used. My ground is a bus bar bolted to the frame

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Connecting to your winch solenoid is what started this thread. Though I have a circuit breaker before the solenoid that I used. My ground is a bus bar bolted to the frame

Then the solenoid connections are considered "heavy duty"? Because some guys have a dual battery set up and fuse blocks under the hood...
just asking for more specifics Piston. ;)

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Very cool, that's the way to do it right there. Question is, do you wire all the way back to the battery? There was a 2 ft adapter, that was suggested with the socket, that has ring terminals on it. Could I wire that to my winch solenoid instead?

My buddy run stuff off the
winch...& had a dead battery
if he let it sit....2 days

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Some people do that trigger. But the proper way would be to run a 6 gauge hot wire from your battery, circuit protected in the battery box (100 amp) to something like a four or six position Sea Ray under the hood with a buss bar for ground on the frame (like Piston mentioned) and then you can run electronics through the dash from that with your smaller (12, 14, 16 gauge) wiring all fuse protected by the blade fuses in the Blue Sea Ray.

Reactions: trigger
H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I wired my socket to my winch contactor under the hood..
This was for my battery tender.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Some people do that trigger. But the proper way would be to run a 6 gauge hot wire from your battery, circuit protected in the battery box (100 amp) to something like a four or six position Sea Ray under the hood with a buss bar for ground on the frame (like Piston mentioned) and then you can run electronics through the dash from that with your smaller (12, 14, 16 gauge) wiring all fuse protected by the blade fuses in the Blue Sea Ray.

@hoggr9 's way sounds a lot easier monte. ;)

D

Deleted member 3748

@hoggr9 's way sounds a lot easier monte. ;)
Haha, it's all in the wording. You already have your winch cable under the hood. That becomes the cable that connects to your Blue Sea Ray fuse panel or in my case a 100 AMP circuit breaker. Then you connect all of your electrical crap to that instead of the battery, and as a bonus, you can charge your battery from there.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, it's all in the wording. You already have your winch cable under the hood. That becomes the cable that connects to your Blue Sea Ray fuse panel or in my case a 100 AMP circuit breaker. Then you connect all of your electrical crap to that instead of the battery, and as a bonus, you can charge your battery from there.

I have fused power blocks mounted in the toolbox already. I'm not saying it's too difficult intellectually, financially...why go through all that to hook up a tender? Could put the socket on the box? o_O

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have fused power blocks mounted in the toolbox already. I'm not saying it's too difficult intellectually, financially...why go through all that to hook up a tender? Could put the socket on the box? o_O
Clean safe future expansion was what prompted my earliest comment to you. But if you think you'll never add any other electronics after this tender than take it off the contactor.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Going off winch contacter....
removes the cicuit protection
& the guys I know that went
that way...had a dead battery
in 2 days...
just sayin

D

Deleted member 3748

I don't know why we do half the things we do to our Hondas.

D

Deleted member 3748

Ordered one of these just now. Ordered the pig tail with ring connectors too.
Thanks for sharing that and I'll post pics when installed.
I don't know what this is yet, but the odds of me buying it after clicking the link are pretty good.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here's a better picture of it. This is best run directly to the battery, fuse protected. Mine was easy because I ran it straight to the dual battery under the hood, heat shrink the connection between the SAE plug lead and the pig tail.
I don't know what this is yet, but the odds of me buying it after clicking the link are pretty good.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!