Cheap back up lights/work lights

R

rallymachine

Jan 2, 2014
So I finally installed some back up lights for plowing my road and drive way. Parts for build, I used napa par 36 4" work lights $12.50 each. Fog light relay harness kit with switch $26. Four feet of wire loom. Two butt connectors. I think they work great. No volt meter to test load yet.

IMG 12361
IMG 12351
IMG 12341
IMG 12331
IMG 12311

R

rallymachine

Jan 2, 2014
Not yet. I'm looking into that next.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You can tap the gear shift sensor wires near the right rear tire. There you will find a wire that will GROUND when in reverse. You could use that for a relay.
I'll try to get pictures tomorrow or Tuesday of the location.

B

bellmichael8683

Apr 22, 2017
US
You can tap the gear shift sensor wires near the right rear tire. There you will find a wire that will GROUND when in reverse. You could use that for a relay.
Questions : (1)What gauge wire? (2) relay part number?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4

@Hondasxs, did you ever find the wire to tap into? I'm interested in tapping my rear LEDs into it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!