P500 Cheap Glove Box attempt

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Was so frustrated that I had no place to put keys, wallet, GLOVES, sun glasses etc. I know it doesn't compare to some offered on this forum but for under $17, it serves my purpose. Drilled a small drain hole in the bottom and haven't thought of a lid...might not. Or if I want to make or buy something better it comes out easily. I think we should all petition Honda to send P500 owners a genuine glove box kit as a good will gesture!

IMG 3173

Last edited:
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Was so frustrated that I had no place to put keys, wallet, GLOVES, sun glasses etc. I know it doesn't compare to some offered on this forum but for under $17, it serves my purpose. Drilled a small drain hole in the bottom and haven't though of a lid...might not. Or if I want to make or buy something better it comes out easily. I think we should all petition Honda to send P500 owners a genuine glove box kit as a good will gesture!

View attachment 40681
I used an old dishpan under the front hood. If the windshield is up a few inches you can get to it by turning 1 hood screw. Not waterproof because the cup holder drains into it but it stay pretty dry.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Was so frustrated that I had no place to put keys, wallet, GLOVES, sun glasses etc. I know it doesn't compare to some offered on this forum but for under $17, it serves my purpose. Drilled a small drain hole in the bottom and haven't though of a lid...might not. Or if I want to make or buy something better it comes out easily. I think we should all petition Honda to send P500 owners a genuine glove box kit as a good will gesture!

View attachment 40681
Is it PVC? Size? Depth?How's it attach?
Look like a winner

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Look like a winner
I used 3 pieces of 4" pipe. 1pvc cap, 1 ABS 4" coupler and 1 pvc fitting with a flare in it. I sprayed the pvc pieces with black box liner. Cut off the flared piece so it just bottoms into the middle 4" abs coupler. Held together by friction and a bit of automotive Goop. It actually looks and works better in real life.

IMG 3169 IMG 3170 IMG 3171 IMG 3172 IMG 3174

Reactions: JWB
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Look like a winner
It's about 5 inches deep and the natural angle of the dash keeps stuff from bouncing out. The 4" abs coupler and pvc cap go under the hood and the pvc piece with a lip on it pushes in from the inside of the cab. Now that I've done it, it can be completed in about 30 minutes. I was a bit impatient and handled the flared piece a bit before the bed liner dried completely. After a very rough ditch ride my phone was still sitting in it.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
It's about 5 inches deep and the natural angle of the dash keeps stuff from bouncing out. The 4" abs coupler and pvc cap go under the hood and the pvc piece with a lip on it pushes in from the inside of the cab. Now that I've done it, it can be completed in about 30 minutes. I was a bit impatient and handled the flared piece a bit before the bed liner dried completely. After a very rough ditch ride my phone was still sitting in it.
Thanks

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!