P500 Check engine light

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok, so for months now, my CEL has been blinking about every 3 seconds. It stays on solid when I put it in gear and ride it. I let off the gas and it goes from being solid to blinking about every 3 seconds. I dont notice a pattern. It will just blink every 3 seconds for as long as I care to stare at the dash. It runs fine. When it first started blinking months ago it was not long after I redid the top end. I started looking for stuff on the internet about it but I never found anything for my blink situation. Over the months Ive tried looking it up again, but again found nothing. Maybe Im typing it up wrong. Im wanting to sell it soon and I want to fix whatever is making it blink. Has anybody had this problem? Probably a sensor or something is what Im guessing, but Im not sure. Thanks for any info! :)

H

HondaTech

The map sensor and throttle position sensor are contained in the same box on the P500. Mounted on the throttle body.

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well not only was my MAP sensor dirty inside, but the wires are either frayed or chewed on by critters. I checked the voltage between the brown/white wires and the green/white wires like the directions said and I had about 2.2 volts with the ignition key on. The next step was disconnect the grey plug on the PCM to check voltage but as I was about to pull the connection apart I noticed the wires were frayed on the MAP pigtail plug, which I didnt even notice when I was checking the voltage. Im thinking when I fix the wires it should cure it, but we'll see. Thanks again for the info.

20200118 095705 20200118 095714 20200118 110413

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The map sensor and throttle position sensor are contained in the same box on the P500. Mounted on the throttle body.
Would yall happen to know where I can buy a new MAP sensor pigtail with the 4 wires coming out the back? Im already screwing up the delicate connections trying to pop them apart with baby screwdrivers and stuff. It would be easier just to cut all 4 wires and solder a new pigtail on that will plug directly into the MAP sensor. I browsed around Amazon and Ive found plenty of pre-wired pigtails, but Im sure they are not molded the same size as the P5 MAP body. @Hondasxs @Alan_Vander . I could just order it and be tinkering on other projects until it comes in. Im sure somewhere down the road someone would want to just order one instead of fiddling with trying to take it apart. Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
That im not sure. Of have you checked honda parts house?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!