P500 Price check

Q

Quetico

Apr 28, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
My P500 is proving harder to sell than I anticipated. Right now it’s listed here and on Facebook. Excellent condition, 12xx miles, with some nice upgrades. Currently set the price at $8900. I need cash for some home reno projects, so I’m gonna do this Dutch auction style, and lower the price a bit every week or so until it sells. I hate selling on FB, but I am getting almost 450 clicks per day right now. How low do you think I’ll have to go? There is still a market for P500s, right?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My P500 is proving harder to sell than I anticipated. Right now it’s listed here and on Facebook. Excellent condition, 12xx miles, with some nice upgrades. Currently set the price at $8900. I need cash for some home reno projects, so I’m gonna do this Dutch auction style, and lower the price a bit every week or so until it sells. I hate selling on FB, but I am getting almost 450 clicks per day right now. How low do you think I’ll have to go? There is still a market for P500s, right?
They can be found new at or slightly below MSRP again. So…you’ve missed the top dollar of the market of six to eight months ago when you could sell about any machine for its MSRP plus the cost of accessories you had in it. The prices are dropping and dealership floors are getting restocked with inventory. I don’t have a crystal ball but my guess is you’re looking at $7-7,500 right now. That number is going to go down in my opinion over the next six months. And I believe the money spent on accessories is at best 25% of their cost if you can find a buyer that cares. Shocks/locker/power steering being the most likely to get some money back. Roof/windshield/winch/tires/wheels will probably be nearly zero additional value on a used machine. Things are quickly turning back to a more typical market on these things. This is all just IMHO and best guess YMMV.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My P500 is proving harder to sell than I anticipated. Right now it’s listed here and on FACETURD. Excellent condition, 12xx miles, with some nice upgrades. Currently set the price at $8900. I need cash for some home reno projects, so I’m gonna do this Dutch auction style, and lower the price a bit every week or so until it sells. I hate selling on FB, but I am getting almost 450 clicks per day right now. How low do you think I’ll have to go? There is still a market for P500s, right?
Fixed it for ya! ;)

What @JeremieBaker said is bassically your issue. But one thing Ill add to your problem, all but 5 things in your accessory list are not really main accessory upgrade . For instance your roof is just a personal upgrade when 99% of P5’s have the Honda roof that is a solid roof. But worth noting u have it tho. So If your trying to justify your price for all those upgrades, more reasons to notch it down a bit. Id shoot for bet 7k and 7.5k and see where your at and offer your extra origonal parts (if u still have them) as an incentive to move it.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
your price is the same and more than new less taxes, freight, setup - hard sell in these times

Upgrades are generally almost free to next buyer unless there is that one person who sees so much value and doesn’t have the bandwidth to do it themselves….

remember your market it someone with cash in hand or needs bank financing

Sometimes a consignment deal is a quicker deal to sell but less gain because the consignment shop has financing and it’s one stop shopping - go, look, fill out loan app, buy, leave

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
I think the problem with selling a fairly new vehicle is that you are competing with dealer options for financing that is simply not available for a buyer of a used vehicle. Like 1.9% for 1 year or 5.9% 5 year with Honda right now. If the majority of buyers paid cash it would likely be a different story.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Only Pioneers listed as available now at Chattanooga, TN. All other models say On Order.
CE473682 5D41 4C20 A6D7 C3528D096C9A

Reactions: Backwoods and Rdrcr

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!