Chop Top

M

Mickey85

Nov 6, 2017
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Hello, I'm Mickey85

Anyone know if there’s a thread for chopping the top on the P500 I’m picking mine up soon and I hate how it looks unnecessarily tall. I’m 5’7” not 8’ wearing Honest Abe’s top hat!

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No, but I am looking to buy
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV
My off-road experience level is: Intermediate
My favorite place to ride is: Tennessee

Reactions: Bastardchild
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from SC and congrats on new machine! If you need answers...pretty sure you can find it here! :)

Reactions: Mickey85
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Welcome Mickey85! Congrats on purchasing an impressive little machine! Chopping the top is fairly simple, i did mine with a pipe cutter and welder, sleeved the tubing on the inside where i cut. One thing i should mention that i should have did: Put a floor jack under the center of the machine with a piece of lumber spanning the frame rails and jack the machine up a little. Just get a little weight off of the wheels. My doors opened smoothly and locked back into the latches perfectly before i cut the top off. After i completed the project i noticed that my drivers door slightly scraped the latch when i would shut the door, telling me that the frame sagged a little when i cut the top off. I had full intentions of taking the doors off anyway so i didnt care, but i took a mental note of my screw up for future projects. I guess i shoulda mentioned that in the chop top thread lol. Anyway, good luck to you!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haha you're probably right. Mickey hasnt responded yet, maybe he read it and got upset at you! Lol

That's why I don't take the time to welcome too many of the new members. Kinda sucks but 90% of them never come back again after their first post.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's why I don't take the time to welcome too many of the new members. Kinda sucks but 90% of them never come back again after their first post.
I'll agree with that. Most will never be part of the site and that can be super frustrating sometimes but as long as someone comes in friendly (rather then some assholes we've seen) and needs help it's always nice that someone here has some solid info to share. We all need help sometimes. Always nice to be greeted and hell some stay and become friends.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll agree with that. Most will never be part of the site and that can be super frustrating sometimes but as long as someone comes in friendly (rather then some assholes we've seen) and needs help it's always nice that someone here has some solid info to share. We all need help sometimes. Always nice to be greeted and hell some stay and become friends.
I agree, I don't mind welcoming people and helping them. We have had a few lately that have came back and started welcoming other new peoples. If we can create a friendly atmosphere, people will come back. Even more so if we can offer free technical advise.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree, I don't mind welcoming people and helping them. We have had a few lately that have came back and started welcoming other new peoples. If we can create a friendly atmosphere, people will come back. Even more so if we can offer free technical advise.
It's cool when new people come in with a little background on themselves and a few pics. I always love to hear of someone's adventures.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Pa

Reactions: Mickey85
M

Mickey85

Nov 6, 2017
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
You know looking back just typing @Bastardchild in a new persons thread wasn't good idea. Obviously I was trying to bring him in here for the shared experience but my apologies to the OP Mickey85 on how that could've sounded lol.
Nice job finding the thread @Hondasxs
No worries I was certain I️t was for good reason

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Mickey85

Nov 6, 2017
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Work keeps me really busy and I have been slammed for weeks so it took me a while to get back. I have been kinda scrolling the sight for weeks now and liked what I saw so I figured I would member up. I want to do a lot with my machine and can’t wait to get my hands on the cash to start

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!