Installing light bar with Bimini top help

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
I am installing the Honda light bar and have the bimini top. Looks like I will have to put holes through the top to mount the bar to the top bar. Has anybody done this and have any better ideas. Imam concerned that if I clamp over and screw through the top it will rip the first time I have it on the trailer going down the freeway.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
hauling them with a bimini top doesnt work the turbulance will tear the tops all up and rip them off

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
I have hauled plenty already with the bimini top and it is fine. Just questioning he light bar install with it

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BigRiver installed it on the dash in front of the windshield. Had I though about it I would've copied him but I put mine on the hard roof where Honda suggests.

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
I was considering getting the hard top to do just that. It sounds like youmregretnputtingnit on the roof. I was thinking it would better up high

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tree branches when riding and rocks/bugs when towing. HondaSxS can tell you about the branches his dash had a run in with one.
The hard roof is GREAT and the light works well there just worry about what could find its way into it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek said:
HondaSxS can tell you about the branches his dash had a run in with one.
Stupid tree branch..

Anyways. I do not like the light being on the roof. In fact, I never bought the roof because I am afraid I'm going to knock it off too.
We went on the Hatfield McCoy trails, found some back trails as we like to get lost. It was like the Pioneer was a tree limb magnet. Clang, clang, Clang... Tree limbs hitting it everywhere. If I had the light on it, say on the room, it would sure enough be knocked off in no time.

Here is a photoshoped image of where I want mine to go.... Once I find some clamps that work well.

Attachments

• photo8_zps4257f8e0.png
    photo8_zps4257f8e0.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 1,077
Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
I like how bigriver mounted his, on the dash. When I get one thats def where I will mount it, as I too am worried about the low branch taking it off

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
Big river if you read this thread would you post of pic of the light bar on the dash. Also has anyone mounted one on the full front bumper?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may move mine but I haven't done a lot a lot of trail riding except around our land or family land so trails are fairly clear.

advertisement
BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Just getting in from work, I'll get some pics in the morning / afternoon when I get up.

This is what I have for now.

Image 4

Image1 7

Image2 2

Image3 1

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
Just a quick update. I was able to install the Honda light bar with the biminimtop by just mounting the clamps upside down on the bar. That puts the light bar in front of the roll bar instead of on top and you don't have to cut into the top. It also provides a nice fastening area in the middle for the Bimini top by means of Velcro to the top of the light bar

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
rellison110,
Good, sounds like where I plan on mounting mine. What clamps did you use? the Honda ones?
If you ever get around to it, would like to see a picture.
Thanks.

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
I used the Honda clamps. The difference is how you slide the mount into the v shape of the groove in the bar itself. If you do it one way the light sits up high, like you would want if mounting above the roll bar. Turn them arou d and now you can position in front or under the roll bar. I will post a pic if someone can tell me how. Good mechanic, but not a techi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!