P1000m5 Choped top enclosure

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
It may have been brought up before, but has anyone had any luck with any enclosures working with choped cages? Mine is fully custom, 4" lower and 3" narrower than factory and now that's its getting Cold I really want a cab just to knock off the wind. Soft would be easier im sure but open to any ideas. I have a half windshield now and am in the process of finding a fill that I can make work. I also have a cheap universal mid pannel. I would like to replace it with a better one for the enclosure. Oh and I just want the enclosure for the front 3 ppl. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! Here is a pic of my cage in question Dbfa199dbf9c2ac3e5722939db826f09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to build one for our chopper. Kind of a process but in the end it was worth it.
View attachment 58126

If it is not too much trouble sometime I would like to see how you hinge the back doors maybe a picture of it with it open last winter I built doors for my front nothing fancy but this winter I'm going to box in the whole thing but the back is just giving me a little bit of trouble nothing major just looking for ideas thanks by the way that looks pretty sweet

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If it is not too much trouble sometime I would like to see how you hinge the back doors maybe a picture of it with it open last winter I built doors for my front nothing fancy but this winter I'm going to box in the whole thing but the back is just giving me a little bit of trouble nothing major just looking for ideas thanks by the way that looks pretty sweet
Just used two gate hinges at top. You simply pull the pins and then pull a pop clip on the shocks to pull the rear doors in under 10sec each for summer usage.

IMG 1639

Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just used two gate hinges at top. You simply pull the pins and then pull a pop clip on the shocks to pull the rear doors in under 10sec each for summer usage.

View attachment 58127[

Cool looks good easy enough I was trying to think of a way to hinge from the back but I guess the top would be the best thanks bud

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
That's really nice. Did you start from scratch or buy a enclosure and cut it down?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's really nice. Did you start from scratch or buy a enclosure and cut it down?

Started from scratch. At the time we built it there wasn't a hard enclosure out yet and honestly I wouldn't have had the money for one if there was. I figure we're in this setup somewhere around 300

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Started from scratch. At the time we built it there wasn't a hard enclosure out yet and honestly I wouldn't have had the money for one if there was. I figure we're in this setup somewhere around 300

That's what I need! I can't afford the hard one either, that's the main reason I decided to go soft. If I could get something like that for that cheap id be all over it. I don't think my skills would let me do that though

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I need! I can't afford the hard one either, that's the main reason I decided to go soft. If I could get something like that for that cheap id be all over it. I don't think my skills would let me do that though

You obviously have fab skills. I'll tell you I didn't know what the hell I was doing when I first started building the enclosure but just started with a couple ideas and needs. The chopped cage doesn't give you much option.
I wouldn't have been happy with the enclosures out there for how we ride even if we had the cash, just too bulky and it'd be hard to see out of plus I wanted ease of removal so I was glad I got forced. Easy to keep your standards if you do it yourself.
Anything is possible just start with cheap materials to get a pattern. If you got serious there is a build thread on it to at least give some ideas to your own design

Last edited:
advertisement
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I may look into it I sure would like to have something

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!