P1000 Sidexside enclosure feedback?

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m looking for an enclosure for my 1000-5 to use hunting where I will have 4 people in the rig. I came across this company and am looking to see if anyone here has used the product and has any feedback.

If not, what enclosure would you recommend?
thanks

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m looking for an enclosure for my 1000-5 to use hunting where I will have 4 people in the rig. I came across this company and am looking to see if anyone here has used the product and has any feedback.

thanks
Never hard of them.
This topic has been beat to death. There are threads up the Ying yang If u use the search up top. But if u Insist..
If u need a Hard inclosure the one above my post is the way to go but big $$$ I've been using CEC enclosures for mine for hunting since 17' and I have there doors on my talon. Been very happy.
Do they allow hunting in CA‽ surprised they haven't said it causes cancer 🤣

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually, hunting in Ca is quite good if you know where to go and what you are doing. Some of the best waterfowl hunting anywhere. But I need it for out of state elk hunt.
i used the search, read all I could find. My problem this year is we have an extra guy and will have to use one of the back seats, plus 3 up front. I know it’s a total dust bowl back there, and it’s in the 20’s in the morning, so looking to enclose primarily the bed area. Already have a full windshield and get by fine with that and a fabric rear panel when it’s just 3 across.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

thanks
None, I put my boots in the bed of my truck and wear my only my underwear while driving my truck to my hunting areas and get dressed there.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Should be getting my alumalite armor enclosure in a couple week for my pk-3, went with the full tip out windshield and roof vents. I'll report back on fit & finish along with build quality. By the way, i ordered it last october............troy is a very busy man....

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I've had the CEC Enclosures soft kit on my P1K5 for almost a year now. While I can't say I can directly compare it to hard doors or even the Honda OEM door kit, I think I can honestly say that I'm on the fence. Having to zip and unzip is the biggest sticking point. If you're going to be in and out constantly, you probably want to look for something else. Otherwise, it's a decent setup for the price.

I did recently put together a setup to "store" them when not installed. This should keep them up and away from things and hopefully avoid damaging them:

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!