P1000 Clear DTC code?

H

HondaTech

You'll need to short the brown/red and green wires on the DLC under the drivers seat. (RED Connector)

1. Remove the dummy plug

2. Short the wires

3. Turn the ignition on

4. Remove the short from the wires

5. MIL should light for 5 seconds. While it lights, short the 2 wires again. MIL should go off and start blinking.

If erasing a transmission code, the procedure is the same except the gear postion indicator will show "-- " for 5 seconds. While it is showing "-- short the wires and the indicator should start blinking "--".

Keep in mind this will erase all codes in all systems.

H

HawggyStyle

Mar 17, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You'll need to short the brown/red and green wires on the DLC under the drivers seat. (RED Connector)

1. Remove the dummy plug

2. Short the wires

3. Turn the ignition on

5. MIL should light for 5 seconds. While it lights, short the 2 wires again. MIL should go off and start blinking.

If erasing a transmission code, the procedure is the same except the gear postion indicator will show "-- " for 5 seconds. While it is showing "-- short the wires and the indicator should start blinking "--".

Thank you! I'm only showing one code and its intermittent(it goes off after restarting). Code only shows after I get the engine hot. It appears I have a bad tp sensor. Ordered a new one yesterday. If the error code goes away after restarting my machine is there any need for me to clear the memory?

Reactions: Lady01
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

1. Remove the dummy plug

2. Short the wires

3. Turn the ignition on

Is this for a pioneer I cant find this plug
My Talon has that plug for sure but I'm working on my pioneer

H

HondaTech

Is this for a pioneer I cant find this plug
My Talon has that plug for sure but I'm working on my pioneer

The plug will look the same, on the Pioneer it's under the front seat also. It will be taped to the main harness that runs under the seat rail.

Same procedure to erase the codes.

jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What I MIL light I found the plug now

jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The plug will look the same, on the Pioneer it's under the front seat also. It will be taped to the main harness that runs under the seat rail.

Same procedure to erase the codes.
My pioneer is showing a 13 and I fixed the wire on the rear injector but now it won't fire no spark any suggestions

H

HondaTech

My pioneer is showing a 13 and I fixed the wire on the rear injector but now it won't fire no spark any suggestions

I replied to your PM.

The MIL (multifunction indicator light) is the check engine light, it's what will blink if there is a code in the PGM-FI system. The gear indicator will blink if a code appears in the transmission system and the power steering light will blink if a code exist in that system. Same with i-4wd as well.

Jul 8, 2021
Nz
Ownership

1. 1000-5

1. Remove the dummy plug

2. Short the wires

3. Turn the ignition on

Hi new to the site, I've been going through the site trying to figure the problem with my sxs1000 and did this process above. Now it won't start and the dash on the screen has a continuous fast blink. It turns over but will not start... is there something I am suposed to do after the erasing??? Thanks for any help

Jul 8, 2021
Nz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will have a look at that and see where it gets me, thanks for the advice.

F

Frankscars

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Today i replaced the odd gear clutch in my pioneer 1000-5. All stock with 1064 miles. Smoke the clutch in some mud. I have followed the relearn countless time, i have a wrench light on and when i try to reset it, it goes from wrnch 1 to wrench 2 and when i try to reset again back to wrench 1. I have disconnected the battery, tried to clear any dtc s but nothing seems to work. Any advise. 2018 pioneer 1000-5.

H

HondaTech

The Wrench icon only represents the service number for the unit. It wont stop anything from operating properly.

Your most likely on the screen thats showing you mileage/hours until the next service. This will also show the "Wrench" and what service is due (the number next to the wrench). Press the button on the meter and you can cycle through this feature, as well as trip, total miles/hours/coolant temp and clock.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Those are your maintenance interval indicators. Have you read your manual?

J

Justinsmith

Dec 9, 2021
Moss tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 pioneer 1000 put in new clutch and rebuilt sub transmission. Tried to rest the clutch but it will not and the at/mt lights stays on. Any suggestions?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!