Clearance/ Tolerance Issues

TripleTapper

TripleTapper

Sep 19, 2017
Bloomington
Just took delivery of my new 2018 1000-5 LE. I got the Hard roof, glass window and hard mid panel. I have a couple tolerance issues with the rear doors closing. They are hitting the mid panel. Then when I tried the dump bed, it hit the connector for the rear nets. I will be taking it back to the dealer and having them sort things out, but just wondering if any of you had seen this? 43f91300bea8f278e863f7f18b57ab1aAbd24389a35db8133f8f9867024c129c

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TripleTapper

TripleTapper

Sep 19, 2017
Bloomington
Mine does the same and every one that I've seen does

So you literally can’t dump your bed? The only way to dump the bed would be to removed the net clips completely. I am not planning on using the nets anyways, but this doesn’t seem like the Honda quality I am used to.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I wouldn't recommend removing the nets I couldn't tell you how many times they have kept me or my passengers from taking a limb to the face. The Honda is wide and doesn't easily fit down most trails it scrubs the sides of the trails where I ride.

Reactions: ToddACimer
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You should be able to turn the net clip so the bed will dump.

TripleTapper

TripleTapper

Sep 19, 2017
Bloomington
You should be able to turn the net clip so the bed will dump.

“Should be” and “can” are two totally different things. The only way I think that would be possible is if they elongated the hole that the clip pokes out of.

TripleTapper

TripleTapper

Sep 19, 2017
Bloomington
I wouldn't recommend removing the nets I couldn't tell you how many times they have kept me or my passengers from taking a limb to the face. The Honda is wide and doesn't easily fit down most trails it scrubs the sides of the trails where I ride.

I was going to get doors, but if they are as bad at fit as the mid panel, I will be looking at 3rd party solutions.

TripleTapper

TripleTapper

Sep 19, 2017
Bloomington
Well I just got back from the dealer and I am more disappointed then I was before....but I have an answer and it is what it is.

If you own a P1K-5 and install the hard panel, Honda designed it so that you must open the rear doors to dump the bed. The only other solution would be to remove the nets.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I just got back from the dealer and I am more disappointed then I was before....but I have an answer and it is what it is.

If you own a P1K-5 and install the hard panel, Honda designed it so that you must open the rear doors to dump the bed. The only other solution would be to remove the nets.

Designed it that way or figured it out after the fact? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!