P1000 Clutch Health survey

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Thought it would be a good idea to document who is having clutch issues, who is not, and what their serial number is, along with other important info. I Think it would be helpful if everyone that has a 1000 posted here so we can get a feel for just how deep this problem is, or isn't.
I'll start... Feel free to add to the list

Having Clutch issues? - No
Model / serial #. P3 EPS / 1HFVE04A2G4001279
Purchase date - January 9th, 2016
Oil color at first service ( dark, medium, light ) - medium
Hours and miles of first oil change - 94 miles, 20 hours
Type of riding, use - some trail riding, about 30 miles in snow, mild hills, chores around house

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Here are some pics of my filter when changed, the oil was still very good looking looked a little cloudy with maybe some aluminum dust in it the filters did not have any debris that I could see.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought it would be a good idea to document who is having clutch issues, who is not, and what their serial number is, along with other important info. I Think it would be helpful if everyone that has a 1000 posted here so we can get a feel for just how deep this problem is, or isn't.
I'll start... Feel free to add to the list

Model / serial #. P3 EPS / 1HFVE04A2G4001279
Purchase date - January 9th, 2016
Oil color at first service ( dark, medium, light ) - medium
Hours and miles of first oil change - 94 miles, 20 hours
Type of riding, use - some trail riding, about 30 miles in snow, mild hills, chores around house

Should also give what oil was used, brand and weight. Think the manual might require it be a certain specification.

M

mor4wd

Mar 9, 2016
West Virginia
I'll play.

Model / serial #. P5 EPS / 1HFVE040XG4000565
Purchase date - February 10th, 2016
Oil color at first service ( dark, medium, light ) - light
Hours and miles of first oil change - 110 miles, 15 hours
Type of riding, use - work on pipeline right-of-way, extreme hills >30 degrees, mud, rock

Most of my riding is slow speed with lots of reversing. I've started and stopped in reverse and forward on hills greater than 30 degrees a lot. I've had zero issues and the clutch feels great.

AirtimeAcres

AirtimeAcres

Nov 11, 2015
I'll play too

Model / serial #. P5D / 1HFVE0425G4002449
Mfg. date - November 2015
Purchase date - February 10th, 2016
Oil color at first service (check'd the color yesterday)( dark, medium, light ) - light
Hours and miles of first oil change - not done yet @ 68 miles/9.9 hrs
Type of riding - Mostly driving around my property at 10-30 mph, on existing trails.

Thanks to this forum's "burnt clutches" thread, we make sure the wheels are turning when we have our foot on the throttle making power, keeping the clutch health in mind...it's been working perfectly so far...
Randy

Reactions: Springer
Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My status:

Model / serial #. P5D / 1HFVE0425G4001924
Mfg. date - 9/ 2015
Purchase date - 11/15
Oil color at first service (check'd the color yesterday)( dark, medium, light ) - light
Hours and miles of first oil change - not done yet @ 150 miles/ 21 hrs
Type of riding - trails, sloppy mud, woods w/o trails sometime

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
It's nice to hear of folks not having any clutch problems

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's nice to hear of folks not having any clutch problems

I'll put mine to the test tomorrow with @Delton. I'm loaded down with a full tank of fuel, extra fuel, bed extender, chainsaw, cooler, tool kit, spare tire, plus I've got the 30" tires back on. I hope all goes well and I'll report back for sure.

Joe

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll put mine to the test tomorrow with @Delton. I'm loaded down with a full tank of fuel, extra fuel, bed extender, chainsaw, cooler, tool kit, spare tire, plus I've got the 30" tires back on. I hope all goes well and I'll report back for sure.

Joe

Crap! Cooler....that's what I was forgetting lol. Got tools, extra fuel, and saw. Noticed saw has been leaking small amount of bar/chain oil. That puppy is going back to TriGreen equipment Wed after my dentist appt. I bet it doesn't have maybe 15 mins of run time on it. I demand perfection from Stihl. Btw 25ish hours and clutch is flawless. It's actually gotten way smoother since new. The shuddering in reverse is completely gone.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!