P1000 clutch slipping again

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
By "new drive system" are they referring to the prop shafts that now have CV joints instead of U-joints? Or is there more to it? I was just on a fishing trip with my buddy who is a tech for a Polaris dealer and he says the new one is still a joke.
Don't know about CV joints. I know Polaris is touting a "32% larger belt and larger clutches". We'll see in time if it's absolutely idiot-proof. I know in July 2015 they tweaked the sheaves and the belt on the 570 Ranger. Must've helped because my late '15 still has the original belt with 7500 miles. I did have to change both front and rear clutches though, but the belt still looks like new! I believe YOU... but I doubt your buddy has even seen a new Ranger, much less the inner workings of one. My local dealer still hasn't even received the first unit yet and when they do get any, they're only allowed two until January.

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess I didn't ask if actually had his hands on it or not, but he was talking about how people think its so great and gave me his thoughts on some of the things. I also don't believe he's had one apart yet. Think of it this way, which one will still be decent in 10 years? The Polaris will be a bag of s***.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess I didn't ask if actually had his hands on it or not, but he was talking about how people think its so great and gave me his thoughts on some of the things. I also don't believe he's had one apart yet. Think of it this way, which one will still be decent in 10 years? The Polaris will be a bag of s***.
I hear that sooooo often but so far I've had outstanding service from my 570. Maybe it'll fall apart next week! But for now it feels, sounds, drives and rides smooth as buttah! Makes my P1K seem like a worn out Chinese washing machine that's off balanced.

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hear that sooooo often but so far I've had outstanding service from my 570. Maybe it'll fall apart next week! But for now it feels, sounds, drives and rides smooth as buttah! Makes my P1K seem like a worn out Chinese washing machine that's off balanced.

It just surprises me when I hear that because my Pioneer has been excellent! Runs and shifts great seems as new and solid at 1600 miles as it did when it was new.....which is what I've grown to expect from Honda. I cant figure out why yours (and some others) is so bad. A couple of years ago, I had an 85 Honda ATC Big Red. That thing ran and started as good or better than any brand new, rattle trap Polaris ATV that was 30 years newer. I have heard a few good things about that 570 though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!