P1000 clutch update

mike48

mike48

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
kingsland ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea my clutch parts were order last week should get them in soon and will take it over there for that and a first check up and oil change, not sure why some dealers are say the clutch need to be slipping before they will do anything about it sound like bull to me why would Honda wait until it went SOUTH....?

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK so I just hung up with honda customer service, they say my dealer was correct, they mandate a test drive and confirmation of clutch slippage from the dealer before they will authorize the upgrade.
He went on to say the root cause of this is improper use, namely towing heavy loads in high range and climbing steep hills in high range, I didnt offer a retort, then he said the upgrade will expire in 2019 so if my machine exhibited signs of clutch slippage in that timeframe I would be eligible, after that me and my tranny are on our own.
End of conversation........

Why don't you just get the clutch cover upgrade then? If your clutch isn't slipping, they don't owe you a new one. My clutch wasn't slipping, and I got the upgrade with no clutch pack, its fine.

Reactions: adnoh and Landman
H

HondaTech

I'll reiterate that you do not need a test ride to get the updated cover an internal parts. The test ride is to base whether or not you need a clutch as well. But I've ridden several that drive fine but upon pulling the clutches to reinstall the outer guide I find slightly burnt steals or fibers. Obviously they aren't bad enough to slip but if they were mine, I'd want them replaced.

The dealers that are requiring a test drive don't want you guys to come back with slipping clutches later down the road after the update is done. Which is a better way to do things, but it can take awhile tok do all that.

mike48

mike48

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
kingsland ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
no it's not slipping maybe that's all they are doing is the clutch cover upgrade she didn't say just ask for the vin# and will call me when parts get in.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have a 2016, can anyone tell me when the deadline to have it fixed is?

Reactions: 0860silverado
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the deadline is September 2020 you should have gotten a letter on the clutch update

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2016, can anyone tell me when the deadline to have it fixed is?
tbaker is correct. I'm looking at my official notice now and the campaign end date is September 30, 2020.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
0860silverado can u text my wife and tell her I am always correct on everything just not on Honda pioneers
Lol! Sure thing, but only if you do the same for me!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!